BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my 2009 BMW M5 Alpine White with Black Merino Extended Leather interior. Interior is super clean and great condition. The M5 has recently been detailed, polished, and glazed by Chemical Guys (one of the best detail places in SoCal). The M5 just hit 27K miles, they are mostly highway miles. The M5 has never been abused, or tracked in it's ownership. The car has never had any accidents and is in mint condition. I also have a AutoCheck report and Carfax report in hand. This car has fairly low miles for its year and is arguably limited because of the color and options. I also have the receipt of the Eisenmann Race Exhaust which I purchased for $3597 from EAS (European Auto Source).

Year: 2009
Make: BMW
Model: M5
Color: Alpine White
Interior: Black Merino Extended leather with Aluminum Trim
Miles: 27,XXX

Mods: Eisenmann Race Exhaust (Oval tips), 3M Ceramic Tint 40% All Around, WeissLicht LED Angel Eyes (White), WeissLicht LED License Plate Illumination, M Performance Black Kidney Grilles, Black Side Fender Grilles, and Powdercoated Gloss Black OEM Wheels.

I’m unfortunately putting my M5 up for sale. Sadly, I don't have the time to enjoy it with my current work schedule. A car like this should be enjoyed and it makes me sad to see it sit in the garage most of the time. It has been extremely well kept, and always garaged. Help me find a good home for this beast! Right now I am just trying to see what I can get for it, I am in no rush to sell the car.

There will be NO joyrides. I’ve had bad experiences in the past.

How much would I get if I decided to sell in the these few weeks? Thanks guys!

Attachments

Reactions: Watermelon

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump

·
Registered
6 Posts
Your car is VERY nice. I think 40k is an asking price that will see it sold relatively quickly, close to the asking price. Unfortunately that puts your car out of my price range, because I would LOVE to take it off your hands. :thumbsup:

If you have the stock exhaust, I would put that back on and sell the Eisenmann exhaust separately. I can only speak for myself, but when I see a modded car for sale it gives the impression, fair or not, that the car has been driven hard. I think the mods on your car are minimal and tasteful, so it doesn't necessarily give me that impression, but I am probably more tolerant of mods than the average buyer looking for a super low mileage, pristine example such as yours. It probably won't sell for much more with or without the exhaust, so if it's worth the hassle to you, you can remove it, sell it separately, and possibly sell the car quicker with a higher net profit...that is if you still have the stocker.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your car is VERY nice. I think 40k is an asking price that will see it sold relatively quickly, close to the asking price. Unfortunately that puts your car out of my price range, because I would LOVE to take it off your hands. :thumbsup:

If you have the stock exhaust, I would put that back on and sell the Eisenmann exhaust separately. I can only speak for myself, but when I see a modded car for sale it gives the impression, fair or not, that the car has been driven hard. I think the mods on your car are minimal and tasteful, so it doesn't necessarily give me that impression, but I am probably more tolerant of mods than the average buyer looking for a super low mileage, pristine example such as yours. It probably won't sell for much more with or without the exhaust, so if it's worth the hassle to you, you can remove it, sell it separately, and possibly sell the car quicker with a higher net profit...that is if you still have the stocker.
Yes sir, I have the stock exhaust system which I can swap out. Thank you so much for all the compliments, I appreciate it!

·
Registered
463 Posts
your car is super nice... dunno what the guy is saying above that you will only get 26-28k for it... maybe he thinks your car is the 525 that he has? i mean list on the car is what? 95k maybe more w options, and you have 26k miles, $26-28k is just an absurd lvl... GLWS

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
your car is super nice... dunno what the guy is saying above that you will only get 26-28k for it... maybe he thinks your car is the 525 that he has? i mean list on the car is what? 95k maybe more w options, and you have 26k miles, $26-28k is just an absurd lvl... GLWS
He probably got mixed up with a different car or something because what he said is absolutely ridiculous.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Never mind. My mistake.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Bump

·
Registered
6 Posts
2006 and 2007 M5, M6 are cheap due to some engine problems / No LCI

I saw too many "2006" M5 under $30k for 70~90k miles.

But 2008 or above M5, M6 were pretty rare with less than 50K miles on it

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2006 and 2007 M5, M6 are cheap due to some engine problems / No LCI

I saw too many "2006" M5 under $30k for 70~90k miles.

But 2008 or above M5, M6 were pretty rare with less than 50K miles on it
Absolutely agree with you.

Reactions: JoeBGC

·
Registered
252 Posts
I can tell you first hand that it will only sell at current market price ......I sold my m5 with 12k miles,07 dinan everything short of a stoker .,complete tubi exhaust system .......car still smelled new and had plastic tape on inside of door frame...... I held on to the car for dear life to get at least 38k...... In the end sold for $28!!! So chk wholesale prices and add 2-3 k and that's your price......thats reality .......none of the guys who say its worth this and that are buying from you......

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I can tell you first hand that it will only sell at current market price ......I sold my m5 with 12k miles,07 dinan everything short of a stoker .,complete tubi exhaust system .......car still smelled new and had plastic tape on inside of door frame...... I held on to the car for dear life to get at least 38k...... In the end sold for $28!!! So chk wholesale prices and add 2-3 k and that's your price......thats reality .......none of the guys who say its worth this and that are buying from you......
No offense to you my man; I respect the fact that you probably had one of the cleanest 07 M5 out there, but I don't believe my car is worth wholesale price. If they are not giving me a reasonable price, I will simply not sell it. I obviously want to get most out of my car just like any other ordinary M5 owner on the board. Hopefully, you understand what I mean my man.

Reactions: JoeBGC

·
Registered
239 Posts
Dude, Alpine White with black interior... omg so desirable. What a rare color combination you have right here. Oh wait, are your wheels black too???? that probably makes it worth a little more, plus you have the added exhaust; i bet that gives it a few extra horsepower maybe. I'd value this car around 60 k man. Its sooooo nice, i'm jealous a little. It probably does 0-60 in like 5 seconds lol.

Reactions: Jetpilot718

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dude, Alpine White with black interior... omg so desirable. What a rare color combination you have right here. Oh wait, are your wheels black too???? that probably makes it worth a little more, plus you have the added exhaust; i bet that gives it a few extra horsepower maybe. I'd value this car around 60 k man. Its sooooo nice, i'm jealous a little. It probably does 0-60 in like 5 seconds lol.
I am not going to waste my time with you. There is no need to offend anyone with your words.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts

That's what BMW's are designed and engineered for. It's not called the "Ultimate Driving Machine" for nothing. I would rather have a BMW that has been driven hard and maintained than a garage queen.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Car look fantastic. Very nicely done detail job. Good luck with sale. Did you have the wheels powder coated in the black chrome? They look awesome. I've been wanting to do that but the wife would shoot me if I bought another mod....ouich

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Car look fantastic. Very nicely done detail job. Good luck with sale. Did you have the wheels powder coated in the black chrome? They look awesome. I've been wanting to do that but the wife would shoot me if I bought another mod....ouich
Thank you so much for all the nice remarks my man. It is powder-coated in Gloss Black brother, gets dirty pretty fast but I love it when it's clean and shiny.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
It amazes me that this behavior goes on in this forum.

*Many* posts reported to the cognizant moderator for personal attacks and commenting about pricing of a post in the classified forum. Both are contrary to forum policy and quite frankly, maturity and respect as well.

Expect to see this thread (and potentially some forum members) pruned.

It would be ill advised to continue beyond this warning.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts