BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #21
Watta.. WOW.. What happened? I was looking forward meeting up with you at NC CAR. I'm gettin my stuff setup soon. Just got word my wheels will be here this weekend then off to the shop to get setup. Another E60 perhaps or you just want a clean get away from all of this E60 M5 madness? I just went all in on this big ol lady so it will be with me until they tell me it is banned to drive gas powered cars.. lol
Summer tires + Cold night Weather (was not in the day - go figure)+ Avoiding Dangerous Idiot Drivers = lost control, hit a curb twice broke rear suspension, damaged the rear subframe to the point that it "could" have damaged the frame...which I highly doubt but Insurance Shop said so. Front had couple of bent suspension parts, both wheels were bent. Both insurance and shop had to be "overly cautious" and totalled it with over $18K worth of damage and estimated with brand new BMW OEM parts and then factor in labor...it was ridiculous IMO.

So what's next....haven't really made up my mind yet, I was soo attached to it, I literally teared when it was on the tow bed...wanted to keep it forever like you said.
Maintenance and all the commotion was fun, never really scared me as I can do most of the common issues (minus the rod bearings), the sound was true eargasm and made me forget all the worries that I had before sitting in the car and starting it.
So back to what's next, I now have a choice of more track / seat time with a less powered car as my instructor suggested...like an e46 M3, or to go and buy another M5 which is still on the horizon...BUT it's really expen$$$$ive as heck$ to keep up if I want to stick with the hobby....though it is still doable I am not sure it's the "right" car at the moment.
I am going to probably be taking his avice and buy an M3 (95%)/S2000/FRS/370Z (NOT A MIATA LOL) and do more seat time...so I will definitely see you at one of the events...and who knows by this time next year I may be back with another IG E60...

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Registered
Summer tires + Cold night Weather (was not in the day - go figure)+ Avoiding Dangerous Idiot Drivers = lost control, hit a curb twice broke rear suspension, damaged the rear subframe to the point that it "could" have damaged the frame...which I highly doubt but Insurance Shop said so. Front had couple of bent suspension parts, both wheels were bent. Both insurance and shop had to be "overly cautious" and totalled it with over $18K worth of damage and estimated with brand new BMW OEM parts and then factor in labor...it was ridiculous IMO.

So what's next....haven't really made up my mind yet, I was soo attached to it, I literally teared when it was on the tow bed...wanted to keep it forever like you said.
Maintenance and all the commotion was fun, never really scared me as I can do most of the common issues (minus the rod bearings), the sound was true eargasm and made me forget all the worries that I had before sitting in the car and starting it.
So back to what's next, I now have a choice of more track / seat time with a less powered car as my instructor suggested...like an e46 M3, or to go and buy another M5 which is still on the horizon...BUT it's really expen$$$$ive as heck$ to keep up if I want to stick with the hobby....though it is still doable I am not sure it's the "right" car at the moment.
I am going to probably be taking his avice and buy an M3 (95%)/S2000/FRS/370Z (NOT A MIATA LOL) and do more seat time...so I will definitely see you at one of the events...and who knows by this time next year I may be back with another IG E60...

Hopefully an E60 M5 6MT.. this old lady is dirty.. likes to get abused 馃榿
20200109_163300.jpg

Registered
Discussion Starter #24
Hopefully an E60 M5 6MT.. this old lady is dirty.. likes to get abused View attachment 934288
My baby , soon gonna get bumper and side skirt lips , her new custom headlight coming in Tuesday View attachment 934289 View attachment 934290 View attachment 934291

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Both beautiful cars!!!

My dream is a Fully Optioned, 2010 LCI, Inerogolus Blue, 6 Spd, with Black/aluminum trim.

Troy or Dinan 6.0 Stroker would be a nice touch , but I am only dreaming now...I am keeping an eye out though

Registered
Both beautiful cars!!!

My dream is a Fully Optioned, 2010 LCI, Inerogolus Blue, 6 Spd, with Black/aluminum trim.

Troy or Dinan 6.0 Stroker would be a nice touch , but I am only dreaming now...I am keeping an eye out though

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Registered
Both beautiful cars!!!

Was so close to getting a 5.5 stroker but ultimately my house remodel won the battle :LOL:.. Would have been a different story if I blew the motor. Troy was offering me a great core exchange credit for my perfectly running motor.

Registered
Discussion Starter #28
Was so close to getting a 5.5 stroker but ultimately my house remodel won the battle .. Would have been a different story if I blew the motor. Troy was offering me a great core exchange credit for my perfectly running motor.
Mind sharing the actual cost breakdown? I am just curious as I heard anywhere from 20k to like 60k..

Registered
Mind sharing the actual cost breakdown? I am just curious as I heard anywhere from 20k to like 60k..

I dont want to share it here but I can pm you the details. He gave me a great quote based on my situation. I would suggest to call him if you are serious. I left him a vm and he called me back. Ask him about the core exchange credit. One tip is to have him do the install. I have flexibility with mine so that option works for me.

Registered
E60 M5 Parts, located in the Raleigh, North Carolina area,

Ships from zip code 27526

I will use Greyhound for big items as it is the least expensive

Text is easiest method but will respond to posts: 919.395.6969

Email and PayPal: [email protected]
--------

AVAILABLE:

- Black Carbon Fiber (CF) professionaly Wrapped PRE-LCI trim (by Jamal @Wraptastic search in instagram), original smooth dark/reddish Wood trim. Replacing Sold image items with the the trim pieces. - $450

- ECS Spacers, 2 x 12.5mm and 2 x 15mm with longer studs- $150

- Stock Springs all 4, car had approx 97k when taken out - $75 OBO

- Underbody belly pan w/ scoops - $200
($500+ new on ebay)

- Underbody metal brace skid plate / pan - $75

- Original BMW air pump and flat repair kit - $75

- 3qts Castrol TWS Oil New Unused - $10 each or all for $25

- Original BMW Rubber Floor Mats with Brand New Unused clips, Front and back very light to no wear - bought from FCP Euro - $110 shipped

------SOLD/DEPOSITE------

- Active Autowerks Gen 2, selling all 3 piece with X pipe exhaust and clamps - Great condition $1000

- 21mm Dinan adjustable rear sway bar BRAND NEW from TH Motorsport - $150

- 29mm e64 front sway bar with bushings- great setup - $100

- Red RPI Scoops + Hardware with BRAND NEW Blockoff covers and BRAND NEW BMC filters - $170

- SprintBooster Red/Green - $100

- Pre LCI taillights to LCI LED setup with ballasts- ebay -100% works $175 for both

- GROM Bluetooth works 100% for pre lci and lci $150

- BMW M5 Original Car Cover, All Seasons. Bought from FCP Euro - $150

Shipping is paid by buyer, prices slightly negotiable. I will start putting on ebay next week, but wanted to give first opportunity to M5 community.

Or PM me.
Hi how much is shipping of the belly pan cover to zip code 33019? Also, your car was an SMG right? The belly pan covers are different depending if the car is a 6 spd or SMG. Thanks.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #32
It was an SMG

Shipping on greyhound is roughly about $47 and some change.

Registered
Daaaaaaaaamn wish I'd have seen this sooner! Im in the same zipcode as you and have NEVER seen another E60 M5 in this town. Raleigh yeah, but not FV...I could've really used some of that stuff. Might grab those floor mats tho:unsure:

Registered
Dang dude, I just realized that your the guy I was texting with a few months ago trying to buy your exhaust. You had even sent me a video of how it sounded but changed your mind and decided not to sell. Your last text said I'll be sure to let you know if I decide to sell!!! 馃槴馃槴 lol....o well

Registered
Discussion Starter #36
Daaaaaaaaamn wish I'd have seen this sooner! Im in the same zipcode as you and have NEVER seen another E60 M5 in this town. Raleigh yeah, but not FV...I could've really used some of that stuff. Might grab those floor mats tho:unsure:
Dang, sorry man...a lot going on.

Let me know if there is anything else you need bro. Still have the mats, spacers, springs, and belly pans...

21 - 36 of 36 Posts