BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Quick question, i saw that you achieved 470 whp by RPI products so my question is are you changing cuz you got more hp by RPI's mufflers ?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quick question, i saw that you achieved 470 whp by RPI products so my question is are you changing cuz you got more hp by RPI's mufflers ?
I changed my exhaust to RPI GT because installed the RPI Headers and the 3" AA exhaust only had a 10hp over stock compared to the RPI GT where I got 18hp. The Plus is I gained HP the Negative my car is raspy and much louder with the GT exhaust..

AA exhaust is designed and optimal to use with the stock headers in my opinion since it eliminates the resonator and secondary cat. AA is not raspy at all has a very deep sound on the bottom and F1 sound on the top. My car put out 428hp with this set up on the RPI Dyno Top performer with stock headers..

Here is a link for everyone of my Car with Stock Headers and AA Exhaust:

YouTube - Rabdog Exhaust Run

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
I see. I am happy with my setup (SS race mufflers, x pipe, and evosport headers). It sounds so mean when idling and quiet loud when u put your foot down but i wish it had bigger tail pipes :(

btw, I have the same mods as you but without the bigger oil cooler and block off plates (which will be next) and achieved 468 whp so we are almost on par. :goldcup:

oh and good luck with your sale.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
I see. I am happy with my setup (SS race mufflers, x pipe, and evosport headers). It sounds so mean when idling and quiet loud when u put your foot down but i wish it had bigger tail pipes :(

btw, I have the same mods as you but without the bigger oil cooler and block off plates (which will be next) and achieved 468 whp so we are almost on par. :goldcup:

Just to clarify, his dyno number obtained from RPI's Dyno Dynamic. What type of dyno obtained your 468rwhp? Member ///Marshall dyno'd at RPI around 426rwhp then went to SP Engineering on dynojet at 468rwhp, and he has evo headers, dinan exhaust, block-off plate, bmc/scoop, and evoport/powerchip tune.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Thanks!!

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Just to clarify, his dyno number obtained from RPI's Dyno Dynamic. What type of dyno obtained your 468rwhp? Member ///Marshall dyno'd at RPI around 426rwhp then went to SP Engineering on dynojet at 468rwhp, and he has evo headers, dinan exhaust, block-off plate, bmc/scoop, and evoport/powerchip tune.
I did my runs on a dyno jet.

·
Registered
814 Posts
exhaust

who ever buys it... please make sure your installer knows what he is doing.. this exhaust is very tricky to install... if done wrong.. its going to hang all funny.

·
Registered
130 Posts
In an older thread regarding the AA setup, Rabdog went on to describe how he had his installer cut and weld his setup to get the proper alignment. Hopefully this resolves any issues that other AA setups have had with regards to fitment.

·
Registered
814 Posts
exhaust

I got one of the newer ones... no more cutting and welding but still has to be adjusted very carefully... swapping hanging from left to right... and stuff...

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hp99hp ill find out the cost to your location and price I already lowered $400 from original offer!

In regards to the alignment I had it re-welded and corrected to fit the M5. The installation is pretty easy however just make sure it's done by a professional...

I loved the exhaust and was very resistant to change it, but since I went to the RPI Stage 2 set-up the I could not get the optimal output with the AA exhaust. The RPI headers and GT exhaust work better together, but the downside my car is twice as loud and I have drone now..

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bump this again OK guys I will take $1600 now especially if you are in the So Cal area I'll pay for the install!! Awesome system!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts