BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For sale is a set of connecting pipes that allow for ‘plug and play’ installation of stock exhaust manifolds to a Supersprint X-pipe. I bought this from Clemster last year along with an X-pipe and had it installed for roughly 2k miles where it worked brilliantly! I only pulled it off as I’ve just put in SuperSprint headers so I can’t use these.

The cats are Magnaflow 59976’s which retail for around $130/each. It was going to cost $200+ at an exhaust shop in labor alone to build this and another $260 for the cats. As the stock car pipes are dual walled I believe I didn’t want to go that route either. With this I got catted pipes and retained my stock cat pieces if I ever need them.

These mount perfectly to the stock manifolds and reuse factory hardware; though I’ll throw in what nuts and bolts I have as well. This butts up to the X-pipe and is very quick and easy to install with no leaks. The condition is good and while the welds aren’t the prettiest, there are no leaks. The cats themselves seem to perform as intended as I didn’t have any odd “smell” or CEL from the post-cat sensors; granted I am SC and tuned so they might be turned off.

To affix the SS X-pipe without these you’d have to have them custom fit or buy they $350 connecting pipes from SS which would still require some cutting, welding and labor (https://www.supersprint.com/…/786811-connecting-pipe-for-oe…).If you have an SS X-pipe waiting to go on this is probably the easiest way to get it mounted.

Pricing is $350+ shipping

*Please excuse the rain drops. It literally started just as I got this all setup

1 - 3 of 3 Posts