BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Selling BSW subwoofer and Rainbow rear speaker upgrades for e39 M5 which I purchased from BSW in 2007, but are still new in the box.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
Long story, but I upgraded the front speakers and then family crisis struck and I never got around to installing the sub-woofer or the rear speakers. I have since sold the car.

<o:p></o:p>
The rear speakers are Rainbow SLX230 2 way 5.25” as pictured.

The subwoofer is described as BSW d110.e39 BMW Subwoofer System for 5 Series / M5 Sedan 97-03 (E39), with compatibility with DSP and M Audio. SKU number on invoice is; BSW.D112.E39.S.SYS. If your e39 does not have DSP or M Audio then I suggest contact BSW to find out how to adapt for non DPS non M Audio. Or this information may be covered in the installation instructions which are available for download from the BSW website and will also be in the box.

The subwoofer upgrade consists of 2 boxes; subwoofer, plus 2 channel 300W amplifier and cables, adaptors, documents etc. as shown in pictures. All is still complete and in original packaging as received from BSW.

Unfortunately I DID get around to upgrading the front speakers so I have up for sale the original BMW OEM front woofers and tweeters as pictured, in case useful to someone. Perhaps the M5 units are better than those fitted to the other E39 series 5??

Please PM me with any questions.

Asking Price (Paypal incl 3% fees);
$540 - Subwoofer system. Prefer local pickup in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
</st1:place>San Jose area, but will ship ($65)

$125 - Rainbow rear speaker upgrade + $18 ship or local pickup
$25 obo - OEM front speakers + $18 ship or local pickup

Thanks for looking,

Attachments

·
Registered
848 Posts
were the front speakers you updated the same brand/model as the rear? did you notice a big difference when you changed only the front speakers? I wonder how it will sound if i change the front/rear without updating the subs or amp.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
were the front speakers you updated the same brand/model as the rear? did you notice a big difference when you changed only the front speakers? I wonder how it will sound if i change the front/rear without updating the subs or amp.
Yes the fronts were also the matching rainbow SLX230. They were part of the BSW stage 1 upgrade. From what I recall it was not a dramatic difference to my ears, but they did sound smoother and a bit more detailed. But no improvement to the mid bass quality with just front speaker change. If you do a search you should find old threads on these BSW upgrades.

I am sure the biggest impact would have been with the sub, but I didn't get to install that. The bass on my M5 was truely pathetic, even with the M audio bass units. At first i thought my units were not working, it was that bad, which is main reason I went for the BSW subs. Upping the bass with the equaliser in DSP just gave muddier 'flappy' bass sounds. Perhaps they were defective.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi twist30,
The sub-woofer comes complete with everything you see in the first 3 pictures which is the subwoofer itself, the power amp and all the hardware and cables to complete the installation. Asking price; $540 for pickup, or + $65 if shipped

Thanks,

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I cannot reply to PMs so please email me.

Unfortunately I cannot reply to PMs as I do not have the required minimum of 45 posts, so sorry if I have not responded. Please contact me directly at [email protected] or please include your email info in your PM.

Thanks,

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BUMP- Still for sale.

Please include contact details in PMs as I do not have 45 posts to reply to PMs. Thanks!

·
Registered
877 Posts
Hi Tony,

payment sent for subwoofer

James

1 - 15 of 15 Posts