BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good home wanted for a full set of bruyere club interior trim pieces, including the matching lighted shift knob. The only piece not included is the parking brake handle.

2003, US spec, so it has the tire system button cutout in the trim piece.

I swapped the trim out for the brushed chrome / aluminum trim over a year ago. Since then the old pieces have been in the padded packing material the other trim pieces came in taking up space on shelf in the garage. I'm moving soon and really, really don't want to pack them up and move them since I'm never going to use them again. Please give them a good home.

$225 via PayPal. That includes shipping charges via UPS ground.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

-Chad

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that while I don't have any feedback on here since I haven't had any M5 parts to sell, I do have plenty of eBay feedback. User id is <a href="http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=covvichan">covvichan</a>.

Please feel free to make an offer if you're interested.

-Chad

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not very, but my fingers were quite sore afterwards; the clips hold the trim pieces in quite well.

It took about an hour to an hour and a half. I had a few different sized plastic putty knives to help start prying them up. One of those, wrapped in a clean rag to protect the trim, was usually enough to get it started so I could then start working the piece free. To install the new piece was simply pushing it into place of the old one. No fuss.

Any help?

-Chad

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not very, but my fingers were quite sore afterwards; the clips hold the trim pieces in quite well.

It took about an hour to an hour and a half. I had a few different sized plastic putty knives to help start prying them up. One of those, wrapped in a clean rag to protect the trim, was usually enough to get it started so I could then start working the piece free. To install the new piece was simply pushing it into place of the old one. No fuss.

Any help?

-Chad
Yes, thanks. I don't have an M5 yet, but I'm actively looking for one. And, I love the Caramel interior, but I don't like the wood that much. I was thinking of doing a swap later on.

If you don't mind me asking, how much were the non-wood trim parts?

--michael

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
If you don't mind me asking, how much were the non-wood trim parts?

I think $400 or $500, maybe less. Look up Roveractive on ebay, he can order the various parts.

If it has the wood trimmed handbrake, you may have to sacrifice the handle. On mine it was bolted in place and was not removable without destroying the outer handle itself. Vice grips + lots of force. The replacement handle just slid right over the metal brake arm without any fuss after that. Much easier then replacing the entire handbrake assembly that some of the diagrams were showing.

Also, the brushed silver pieces are brushed chrome, not aluminum. I mistakenly ordered the aluminum pieces and found they were not what I was expecting. It didn't look bad but it wasn't the brushed silver texture and color that I wanted to offset the black interior.

Oh! If you change the shift knob as well, it simply requires a <i>very</i> hard pull straight up. Thankfully I read through the forums and was forewarned about it so I didn't smack myself in the face when I managed to pop it off.

If you, or anyone else, can tell me how to easily disconnect the electrical connectors I would love to know. There was much poking, prying, cursing, and thankfully a lack of blood when I was trying to disconnect the hazard & lock buttons while swapping out the center console piece. I didn't damage anything but I'm hoping there is an easy way to unlock & unplug the electrical connector that I'm just not seeing.

-Chad

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh, and a bump.

If anyone is even remotely interested please make an offer. I really don't want to toss them in the trash when someone may be able to use them, but I don't intend to move them along with all my other stuff next week.

-Chad

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
PM's replied to.
==
The pieces were generally in good shape when I removed them. I don't recall any gouges or noticeable scratches on them.

Finally, pieces like the center console piece and the right side dash piece are fairly long which requires a large box. The box is 24x24x12, which is large enough to get flagged as oversized by UPS and get charged as if it was 36 pounds. Quick checks on shipping costs to the east & west coast range from around $30 to $50 for ground. Please keep that in mind.

Now, back to purging and packing. And removing the cats from the empty boxes.

-Chad

·
Registered
959 Posts
You sure that's Bruyere? It looks more like Burl in the pictures. Bruyere is lighter, more orange-like in color.

GL with the sale.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
DoctorV8 said:
You sure that's Bruyere? It looks more like Burl in the pictures. Bruyere is lighter, more orange-like in color.
I thought so but I could be mistaken. I happen to have a 2003 M sales brochure book that has samples of the trim in it. When I held them next to each other I thought it looked more like the Bruyere but I could have been confused. It wouldn't be the first time.

I didn't know I had the brochure packed away until I dug it out while throwing other stuff away. It's amazing the things I find when I dig through boxes that haven't been opened in several years. And yes, I'm keeping the book :)

Oh, and sale pending.

-Chad

1 - 14 of 14 Posts