BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm reluctantly selling my 2003, E39 M5.

This car has the highly desirable Carbon Black Metallic exterior color and black leather interior. It has the premium M audio system with 14 speakers and an ondash navigation system. I personally feel wood is out of place in a sports car like the M5 and love my brushed aluminum trim which give it a racy feel. Completely stock with no aftermarket parts. As an aside, in the last 2 months I have had 4 random strangers walk up to me and tell me 'nice car' :) This is the ultimate bad boy toy..will miss her. I have to sell her fast since I am buying another car but more importantly so that I don't change my mind ;)

Condition: excellent condition. Both exterior and interior look new. I recently did the periodic oil servicing ($200) which should also be a small saving for the buyer. I have seen very few M5s which look as new as mine. The pictures should be proof enough :)

Check out my cars.com ad for pictures and carfax (which is clean),
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp;?tracktype=usedcc&searchType=21&pageNumber=0&numResultsPerPage=50&largeNumResultsPerPage=0&sortorder=ascending&sortfield=PRICE+ascending,PRICE+descending&certifiedOnly=false&criteria=K-|E-|M-_5_|D-_48_|N-N|R-30|I-1|P-PRICE+ascending,PRICE+descending|Q-ascending|Z-94040&aff=national&paId=268537622&recnum=7&leadExists=true

The car is intentionally priced low, since I don't have time to sell it on my own and am going to be trading it in to the BMW dealership this week.

Jonathan
650 704 2449

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Wow....that is a low price! The dealer's trade in value must be pathetic. It's sad the prices are dropping this much. :(

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Wow, that is soooo cheap for 2003 with 55Kmi. Good luck with sale.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Did you just buy it in 11/07 ?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I just quit my job to start my own company. Its exciting stuff but that means a lot more work, less time to enjoy the car and less money in the short term. :)

Might well buy the beast again in a few years..magnificent car.

jon

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
You might want to get those interior shots out in the sunshine.Beautiful car,love to have it.:)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Great looking car... Did the electrical problems ever resurface after the battery replacement? What was the issue with the SES light you posted about a few weeks ago?

Thanks!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nope..the electrical problems went away after got the new battery.

The SES light had to do with some periodic maintenance (I think the 50K thing), I took it to the BMW dealership and he took care of it (I don't remember exactly what he did besides the oil servicing).

jon

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
nope..the electrical problems went away after got the new battery.

The SES light had to do with some periodic maintenance (I think the 50K thing), I took it to the BMW dealership and he took care of it (I don't remember exactly what he did besides the oil servicing).

jon
It might help you sell the car if you find the receipt and post what work was done. With this kind of firesale price, people are going to expect something to be wrong...

Best of luck to you!

Michael

·
Registered
54 Posts
After reading a couple of your posts...I need to ask you; How's the clutch?
Very interested, but I need to ask everything since I'm shopping from afar.
How about accidents, any paintwork, how many owners, what has been replaced on the car?
Thx!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok, yeah the car is a steal now because,

1. I had actually set up an apptment with the BMW dealer to sell it earlier this week. Just for the heck of it, I thought I would drop the price on cars.com and autotrader. (I had started out with 34,990 and after a week left it at 31,990).
Only this sunday, after setting up my apptment with the dealer I dropped it to 28990. Basically, I don't have the time to sell it on my own.
I infact got a call from cars.com on Monday asking if there was something wrong with the car :)

2. But I see what you guys mean about more info. Actually, to be honest I am not a very car savvy person unlike most folks on this messageboard. I am always very impressed by the technical knowledge of most folks who post questions are answer on this board so I didn't want to say anything stupid. I have the BMW service documents which I can show/read out to interested buyers. Please give me a call if you are serious, and I am sure I can dig the docs out...

3. Regarding the exterior:

a. there is a very small door ding which is not visible unless you are close to the car scanning for dings.

b. there is a thin windshield scratch (In my wiper blade, a small piece of rubber had fallen off, and when I used it it made a scratch. I have replaced the wiper blade hence.)

4. The current miles on the car is 55,800

5. Now, after dropping the price to 28,990 I am getting a fair number of calls :) ..hopefully I can sell it within the week.

jon
650 704 2449

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
After reading a couple of your posts...I need to ask you; How's the clutch?
Very interested, but I need to ask everything since I'm shopping from afar.
How about accidents, any paintwork, how many owners, what has been replaced on the car?
Thx!!
The technician at the dealership told me the clutch was fine.
You can check the carfax on cars.com, here..she is clean :)

The car is completely stock.

jon

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
As stated by tc3. Please give more info. Thanks. Price is a steal by the way.
Yes, for someone with a little time on his hands, the car can be resold immediately for 32-33K I would think (after looking at similar cars on cars.com and autotrader)

I want to sell it within the week or next.

jon

1 - 20 of 39 Posts