Asking Price: price lowered to 28k

Now with OEM wheels only.

2003 BMW M5
106+k
Alpine White
Caramel Extended Leather
In great condition for its age and mileage
Fully loaded with Nav, Bluetooth, parking sensors and aux port
OEM wheels, Performance differential, Dinan strut bars, front and rear, BC fully adjustable coilovers, with Swift springs, camber plates and adjuster extenders for the rear.
No Vanos or cooling system issues
Very well maintained.
Registration was recently renewed and smog passed, plus a fresh oil change.
Check cars.com for free Carfax report

Longer description:

I have owned this amazing vehicle for just over 2 years and enjoyed every minute I got to drive it. Power and torque are fantastic and addictive. Handling is stellar and it's also very comfortable. This vehicle has been on the west coast all of its life and visually it shows, she's not a museum piece, but not far off. After purchasing the car I had most of the suspension replaced, mainly because the rubber components were starting to crack. Also installed the BC coilovers to lower the car a bit, to my taste. Car can be raised back up if you prefer a stock look. Added these beautiful BBS wheels and a few more cosmetic touches inside and out. Other than that it's been routine maintenance, filters, oil and etc. If she needed it she got it. She was also dealer maintained to 90k and I purchased it at 101k.

Even though this car has some performance parts; sport diff, suspension, wheels and tires and dinan strut bars, she has been driven carefully and respectfully. No burnouts, no drifting or racing of any kind. I like spirited driving, feel of the torque and acceleration but frankly this cars limit is much higher than my comfort level and she is too nice to abuse.

Here is my sales pitch if you are still reading. M5's are slowly appreciating and for good reason. These cars are amazing and I will buy another one someday. Why is this one worth 30k. Simply put this is the most desirable. It's a 03, last year of production. Least amount of issues and all the best bells and whistles. It's low mileage for it's age and she doesn't sit for months at a time. It's alpine white, very rare and very desirable. She is in very good condition and turn key. Plus you're getting two sets of quality wheels.

Also included:
  • OEM interior trim (replaced with Technical Graphite)
  • OEM Caramel floor mats (replaced with black for sanity)
  • OEM wheels (straight, no bends, no sign of repairs, but could use a refinish)
  • Caramel seat switch covers, brand new
  • Turner motorsports shifter bushing
Why am I selling it: I am only selling to invest more money into my business. I absolutely love this car but the business provides for my family.

Currently needed:
  • passenger side valve cover is showing moisture (getting replaced)
  • check engine light comes on every few hundred miles (fuel leak detection pump just arrived and will be replaced) (fixed)
  • slow power steering line leak - very common on these, had this since I bought the car (will need a power steering cooling line replaced ($100 part) easy fix)
  • Thrust arms ( new ones in route will be replaced)
  • Thermostat ( new one in route will be fixed)
  • a new owner who will treat her right
Here is my disclaimer:
  • Make sure you have the funds to buy this car.
  • Series buyers only
  • Do not low ball me or offer me trades, I already have another vehicle
  • No joy rides
  • I am open to offers but please note I have already rejected several offers at 25k, this is not enough, if you want a lower price, I can keep the bbs wheels, but you will need tires for the oem wheels. Or I can keep the oem wheels but the discount will be less.
Can I see more pictures: You can find over 100 pictures on Instagram at alpine.m5, if you need something specific let me know.

m5 front.jpg

m5 front driver 75.jpg

m5 passenger for sale.jpg

m5 center console.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update, fuel leak detection pump has been replaced. Valve cover gasket will be replaced this week.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Great to see that you're holding on the price, clean examples in rare color combinations are hard to come by.
Curious what you're planning for next? Another car with the $, or ??
No reason to let a car like this go unless you're putting the $ to better use IMO. Seems like form the time I looked FS ads a year ago until recently, there has been about a $5k uptick and all the ones going for ~$12-15 need a fair to large amount of attention.
Best wishes on the sale!

·
Registered
229 Posts
I know the car and seller very well. Outstanding enthusiast and passionate about his cars. This M5 presents extremely well and with it being white with leather everywhere makes it special to see on the road as well. My car will miss it’s playmate

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great to see that you're holding on the price, clean examples in rare color combinations are hard to come by.
Curious what you're planning for next? Another car with the $, or ??
No reason to let a car like this go unless you're putting the $ to better use IMO. Seems like form the time I looked FS ads a year ago until recently, there has been about a $5k uptick and all the ones going for ~$12-15 need a fair to large amount of attention.
Best wishes on the sale!
I wish I was putting the money into a new dream car. Unfortunately my business took a hit this year and I need to invest more into marketing. Business provides for the family and it's a sacrifice I have to make at this time. Otherwise I would not be selling it, she puts a smile on my face every time I drive it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wanted to add an update. Since this keeps coming. This car is a clean title and is in excellent condition. The carfax shows an accident back in 2006. The details state, that this car rear ended another vehicle and the damage to this car was on the front right(passenger) and right side of the car. It does not state much more than that. This has never bothered me because the vehicle was repaired properly and after 13 years does not show any previous damage and repair. I just want to be as transparent as possible. I know a lot of people are looking from out of state and maybe this is a concern. Please visit my instram @Alpine.m5, there are pictures from every angle if you are concerned.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lowered the price to 28k with OEM wheels instead of BBS in the picture. Also new thrust arms, thermostat and valve cover gasket going in very soon. Waiting on part to arrive.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Nice car, but take the $25K offer and run like the wind.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice car, but take the $25K offer and run like the wind.

No, not for this car. But you can check how many white m5's have been for sale on BAT. I have. I don't want particularly too much more. Less than the cost of the performance diff that's already on this car.

·
Registered
161 Posts
No, not for this car. But you can check how many white m5's have been for sale on BAT. I have. I don't want particularly too much more. Less than the cost of the performance diff that's already on this car.
Hey man, hold firm and good luck. Or try BaT, that will settle it!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Update. Front control arms were replaced, valve cover gasket replaced and thermostat with all related gaskets and o-rings replaced.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bump. Also got some o-rings for the power steering cooling coil. That should take care of the slow seepage.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts