BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings - So I decided to officially list my car for sale. I have done some researching on price and now know what I can expect for it.

• It is a 2002 M5 with 64K miles
  • Carbon Black over Caramel, heritage leather interior
  • I believe I am the third owner (I do not have the carfax in front of me - if someone wants to verify the VIN# is WBSDE93432BZ99901).
  • Production date is 9/01.
  • Factory options: M Audio and fold-down rear seat (with ski pass and bag)
  • Aftermarket: Check my sig. I might be interested in parting out the Tubi exhaust (would need your stock replacement).
  • Warranty - Platinum warranty through AA Autowarranty. I paid $2,972.00 for it last year. It comes with the Emissions (covers MAFs, CPS, O2, etc.) and GPS (navigation system and other electronics) packages as well. Warranty is valid until 106,000 miles or until 2011. I have used it to replace my instrument cluster and my driveshaft and CV joint without any problems. It also would have covered my auxiliary fan, but they figured out that it was broken when I bought the car - the PPI didnt catch it and neither did I:mad:!
  • Maintenance: As mentioned, when I bought the car the aux fan wasnt working, so I had that replaced and got the AC charged in the process. Oil has been changed every 7,000 mile - my shop says you can go 12K, but that makes me nervous. Instrument clusters was replaced due to dead pixels. I had a vibration in the drivetrain I wrestled with for a while, but finally figured out it was due to a failed differential bushing. As a result, my driveshaft and CV joint were replaced. They also replaced the seals in my differential to be safe. The car is currently in the shop due to a coolant leak (cracked heater hose). Also got a new oil pan installed as I had a slow leak from the plug (replaced under warranty). New Axxis ULT pads were fitted 2,000 miles ago, along with Stoptech SS lines and Motul 600 fluid - they definitely dust less and feel stronger. New hoses, belts, filters will be replaced, along with a fresh oil change. New tires are also on the way. When this work is completed, car will be tip top and ready to go.
  • Driving: I have done one HPDE in the car at Roebling Rd. - performed flawlessly, and some runs at the autocross (until I figured out this car is too heavy for that). Other than that it has been babied. Clutch is strong - I never powershift and never hit the loud pedal until clutch is all the way out. I honestly dont know if its original clutch or not - all I know is that it never slips and that I drive carefully.
  • Flaws: There is a small crack on the front bumper (if you are looking at car its on the front left, midway down the bumper cover. Above 2.5" in length and very thin - if you look in the pic below you cant see it, but its there. It was there when I bought the car. I have seen other members cars with this crack too - guess its stress related? I also knocked a little piece of the wheel well cover thing - you can see a small hole in the head-on pic (I will take responsibility for that). The driver door handle is worn (I have put all the products I can on it to try and bring it back but have had minimal success). The armrest on the drivers side is worn too - also worked on this but it hasnt done much. Perfect opportunity to replace it with the Euro storage version (was on my list). There are some rock chips on the hood - I have never driven a car that attracts to much debris on the highway. Alot can be take out with a professional detail, but a couple are through the paint. One of the wheels has a mark on it too from the carwash (again, there when I bought the car). Other than that... all is well.
  • Summary: All in all I would give it an 8 out of 10. The rear seats look like they've hardly been sat in. The interior of the car smells awesome (lots of leather conditioning!). It is garaged night and most days. Paint is shiny. Engine pulls HARD. The powerchip 93 software leaves Sport on all the time which is nice. The exhaust sounds perfect IMHO. No drone, not too loud, but there when you want it. The shifter is really short and firm - no slop. I love how it feels. I average 17.5 MPG around town, 22 on highway. The car still gets looks all the time and I will certainly miss that.
  • Pics: I will post more when I get the car back, including all interior pics.
  • Price: Asking $28,500.

I am a straight forward honest dude, so if you have any questions, just ask. I know this is a tough time to sell, so please keep the negativity off of my thread - that is happening way too much on here. Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PM answered...

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bump! Make me an offer.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I'm about to switch prefered color combos. Lovin that CB/Carmel.

So what is HPDE? .......Fire suit nearby!

"Summary: All in all I would give it an 8 out of 10."

A little leather work, front bumper cover,paint,black piece on right below bumper, and a pro detail job is what it looks like to Turn it into a 9.5 or better.

How much is it to transfer the warranty?

:usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa:

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tires,clutch,leather work, front bumper cover,paint,black piece on right below bumper, and a pro detail job is what it looks like to me.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this? If your saying I need to do all that, thanks for the tip! Clutch is strong, tires are new, leather is in great shape, and paint is good minus some rock chips (find me a car that is actually driven that doesnt have them). The plastic piece at the wheel well is something I might need to fix, but I dont think a $90 part should be a deal breaker? As for the warranty transfer, its only $50 which I would gladly take care of. HPDE is high performance driving school. I did one event with First Coast BMW at Roebling Rd in Savannah. And yes, CB/ Caramel is a great combo.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Flaws: There is a small crack on the front bumper. It was there when I bought the car. I also knocked a little piece of the wheel well cover thing - you can see a small hole in the head-on pic (I will take responsibility for that). The driver door handle is worn. The armrest on the drivers side is worn too - also worked on this but it hasnt done much. There are some rock chips on the hood . Alot can be take out with a professional detail. One of the wheels has a mark on it too from the carwash (again, there when I bought the car).

Not meant to offend you,just a review of what the needs will be if purchased to bring it from that 8 to a 9.5+ car.

Which tires did you go with? And did you get an additional road hazard warranty?

Thanks for any and all of the info.:M5rev:

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I didnt advertise the car as a 9.5 buddy... maybe I should replace the engine, interior, and all the body panels and advertise it as a 10 out of 10? I've read many of your posts regarding cars for sale and these sort of comments/ suggestions seem to be pretty standard for you and I doubt you will be buying a car anytime soon. What the hell is an additional road hazard warranty anyway? Take the negativity somewhere else. I'm done answering your questions.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Wow????

I'm sorry,you misunderstood me. If I bought your car those are the areas I would want to be in the best possible shape if I were to own it. No cut towards you or your beautiful car.

I just purchased a set of Michelins for our Surburban and got an additional road hazard warranty for free replacement of the tire if it were to ever become damaged beyond repair. It was $41 per tire and the tire was $249. Well worth it if you ever end up running over some debris that ruins the tire. Check out Discounttire.com
:)

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok - I guess I was totally off base. Always tough to pick up on inflection and tone on here... my apologies. My car is still at shop and I will be posting a list of the work that was done next week. I think I'm going with Kumhos...

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
$27K - someone take her home before I re-attach my nuts and decide to keep her.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Shes on flea bay.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Sucks that you have to sell. Reasons? It is one beautiful car. I personally think you are too hard on the condition. It seems well maintained, and it's obviously been owned with pride. I wish I was in the market to buy one, because it does appear that now is a good time. Unfortunately, I'm stuck with my 540i/6 for the next 4 years. It's a great car and all, does'nt lose many races, but, after driving my buddies 02 M5, that's all I've been dreaming about. GL with the sale (and she's at least a 9.5 bro:))

·
Banned
1,449 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
318 views on ebay and 11 watchers... we'll see what happens. Would much rather sell to a board member though! Ebay price is $28.5 (board member price $27). The extra $1.5K is for an ebay aggravation/ buyer qualification fee.

I'm gettin car back this week and will post the specs of all the work that was done... as well as new pictures of the interior.

·
Registered
12,890 Posts
318 views on ebay and 11 watchers... we'll see what happens. Would much rather sell to a board member though! Ebay price is $28.5 (board member price $27). The extra $1.5K is for an ebay aggravation/ buyer qualification fee.

I'm gettin car back this week and will post the specs of all the work that was done... as well as new pictures of the interior.

Nice car. If anyone is considering this car and has not seen caramel interior in person, it is MUCH more stunning in person. And with carbon black....:thumbsup:
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice car. If anyone is considering this car and has not seen caramel interior in person, it is MUCH more stunning in person. And with carbon black....:thumbsup:
Regards,
Jerry
Thanks Jerry! +1 on the carbon black/ caramel combo.Got my car back today... keep in mind that the car went in for a coolant leak, which I was told was at the heater hoses. Here is the list of work that I had completed while she was in:

• New Cabin Filters
  • New alt. belt
  • Upper tensioner assembly
  • Lower belt tensioner
  • Under panel fastener/ clips (was missing 2)
  • Manifold hose
  • Changed tranny oil
  • P/S hose (res. to cooler)
  • P/S hose (res. to pump)
  • Exhaust nut/ bolt (was missing 1?)
  • Anti-freeze flush
  • O-rings at intake manifold
  • Heater hose 1
  • Heater hose 2
  • Heater hose 3
  • New hose clamps
  • New diff fluid
  • Oil change
She is now in tip top mechanical condition... ready for a new home. Will post more pics as soon as I get her cleaned up again. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
New clutch going in tomorrow, new tires going on this week (Bridgestone Potenza Pole Positions)...

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
SALE PENDING!!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts