BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For sale is my Imola Red 2002 M5. One of about 500 Imola sold in NA. Excellent mechanical and cosmetic condition. I've owned this since Dec 2012 and I have put about 40k miles on it. One of my favorite cars ever. Every is functional as it should be. The engine pulls strong and does not burn oil. Clutch and transmission are tight. The seats are in excellent condition, no cracks, tears, or fade. The rear seat is split fold down with ski boot pass through. No pixel dropout on the dash display (PO had proactively replaced it). Original M stereo with DSP and subwoofers. The radiohead is fully functional but the CD changer in the trunk is not. Mk III navigation. All the sunroof, door locks, windows, etc work. Has always been garaged and the paint is in excellent condition. No rust, door dings, dents, etc. There are some pitting of the lower front dam. Glass is clean with no chips or cracks. Light window film.
Maintenance and mods under my care includes: replacement of both front upper and lower control arms, front camber plates, Bilstein PSS9 coilover suspension, Rouge Engineering short shift, 4 wheel alignment, front rotors, Carbotech brake pads, braided SS brake lines, bronze front brake bushings, water pump/thermostat/radiator hoses/serpentine and AC belt/power steering reservoir, low pressure hoses and high pressure tubing/ spark plugs/purge valve/idle control valve/transmission and differential fluid/ rear view mirror repair, front headlight servo repair, Xenon low beam, high beam and fog light halogen replacement, HVAC blower resistor, battery, plus oil change with Castro TWS or Liq Moly 10/60 every 7k, brake fluid with Pentosin or ATE, filters, etc. The PO had replaced the clutch plate, and installed a lightweight flywheel, Dinan stage I chip, in dash Valentine One radar, and Magnaflow exhaust. The wheels are OEM type 65 shadow chrome silver in very good condition sans chip/peel/rash. Work on this car was done by Autobahn BMW, Texas Track Works, and Southwest Autowerks in Fort Worth, TX. Stock suspension and OEM brake pads are available. Current tires are Bridgestone RE-71R with 3-4/32 tread.
This car has plenty of miles left on it and it was meant as a keeper.
IMG_2561.jpg
IMG_2559.jpg
IMG_2587.jpg
IMG_2569.jpg

Reactions: AustinBMR

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Beautiful car that color combo really sets it off glws!
Thank you. It really looks great when clean and the red has some pop out in the sun!

·
Registered
4 Posts
whats your honest opinion about Southwest Autowerks? im looking for an indendent shop to work on my E39 and I'm in Fort Worth as well.
very nice M5 too. glws

·
Registered
229 Posts
Do you have more pictures of the bolsters on the drive and passenger seats? Also, does this have PDC? Looks great.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
whats your honest opinion about Southwest Autowerks? im looking for an indendent shop to work on my E39 and I'm in Fort Worth as well.
very nice M5 too. glws
They are close to me in southwest fort worth, near Benbrook. Good indy. I've had them work on several of my BMW and they did good work. The main owner used to wrench for Autobahn I believe.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you have more pictures of the bolsters on the drive and passenger seats? Also, does this have PDC? Looks great.
Dont think so on the PDC

IMG_2588.jpg IMG_2587.jpg

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Beautiful and well priced E39!
Thank you
Its a good price point and I'll probably regret selling it. It is my second e39, and several of the inquirers of this car have had prior e39s as well.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The ///M is SPF

·
Registered
61 Posts
Available??

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the Imola ///M5 was sold in 2 days after posting and is now en route to its new home
Thanks for your interest. It was a great car.

Reactions: m5brah
1 - 18 of 18 Posts