BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Selling my 2002 Carbon Black M5 with black sport leather interior. 168k miles.

The good:
  • California car since new, zero rust
  • completely stock
  • i‘m effectively the second owner (bought from original owner‘s nephew who owned it for a month)
  • beautiful, clean interior, never smoked in
  • mechanically in great shape
  • new in last 1k miles with genuine BMW parts: Valve cover gaskets, spark plugs, all fluids (engine oil, trans, diff, coolant, brakes), oil separators, fuel filter, air filters, brake booster, master cylinder, vacuum line, driveshaft center support bearing, cowl trim, windshield and rear window trim, pork chops, oil temp sensor, exterior temp sensor

The not so good:
  • so-so repaint in original color
  • a few door dings
  • clear coat on passenger upper door trim starting to fail
  • shift knob shift pattern insert delaminating

Thanks for looking. $15k obo.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Nice car. For that price someone should scoop that right up and not be afraid of the mileage.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Makes sense. Good luck with your search.

If you haven’t had one before you won’t regret getting one. I like this one so much it inspired me to get another a few months after I got it, which is the only reason I’m selling.

·
Registered
81 Posts
great deal

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the supportive words, all. Have had a lot of interest so far so hopefully finds a new enthusiast to enjoy soon.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
You're truly missing out on a driving experience driving an ///M across country. I purchased mine mid-tour leave from Iraq in 2006. Drove it home from New Hampshire to Arizona over two weeks summer of 2007, New England, Niagara Falls, corn country (so. much. corn.), Wall Drug, Devil's Tower, Rocky Mountains (the level of enjoyment I had over the passes there should have been illegal), Yellowstone, Tetons, SLC, Monument Valley, Grand Canyon..... the possibilities are endless. If you have older kids the experience is truly amazing.

Reactions: BoDangles

·
Registered
268 Posts
Of course. Smh. Im on east coast. Shipping would be cost prohibitive. Thanks again
X-country shipping would only be $1000-$1200, tops (you have to shop around or find someone with an existing shipping vendor). I wouldn't let that knock out a rust-free M5 like this example.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Tom,

I'm interested if the car is still for sale. Please feel free to PM me. I would PM you but I don't know how...
Thanks for your interest LookDown. Not sure why not possible, others have PM’d. I can’t seem to (or maybe just don’t know how to) PM you either. I have had a lot of interest and unfortunately no time to show it, but will be giving opportunities in order received so will keep you posted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for your interest LookDown. Not sure why not possible, others have PM’d. I can’t seem to (or maybe just don’t know how to) PM you either. I have had a lot of interest and unfortunately no time to show it, but will be giving opportunities in order received so will keep you posted.
Okay, I think I read on another post that you need to have a minimum of 45 posts to get access to DM's.

I appreciate your prompt reply. If easy enough feel free to email me [email protected].

Thanks again,

1 - 17 of 17 Posts