BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 M5 - 78,500 miles, Titanium silver with Caramel extended leather. Original owner. Dinan software, Dinan CAI, Dinan Exhaust, Dinan front stress bar, AC Schnitzer roof wing, Hamann intakes, brake ducts and SS lines, ACS aluminum pedals and handbrake.

New MK4 navigation system, MAFs, clutch, battery. Recent extensive services. OEM parts and spares included.

Priced for quick sale.........$30,900 obo

Attachments

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Give me some input please............Joe

·
Registered
417 Posts
Good luck with the sale Joe! I hope it sells for your asking price. I hate seeing our Beasts going for mid 20's lately. Too much car to give away at that price.

One suggestion if you don't mind... you list some really good mods to your car, but didn't include some of them in the photos. I know an interested party may PM you, but for browsers who come across your ad it would be better if they saw some really good pics. A great ad with detailed pics will definitely sway a buyers decision. Show off that Dinan stress bar, exhaust and CAI. Show the potential buyer what they are getting! Good luck!! :thumbsup::M5launch:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input..............need to get some good photos.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Give me some input please............Joe
I think the price is too high for the mileage. Remember, most people don't value the farkles much, which is unfortunate. And I agree with Stone - if the pictures don't include the mods, then I'm going to assume that the pictures don't accurately represent the car.

On the Internet, good pictures sell cars. Before I bought mine, I probably spent three days gazing at the pictures before I called the seller.

HTH,

Michael

·
Registered
959 Posts
Unfortunately, Beemer Guy is right. If the car had half that mileage, your price would be spot on. I've been looking to replace my last E39, and I have seen numerous '01s with under 50k miles in the low 30s, but of course, that's here in TX, YMMV.

Good luck with the sale...that's a rare color combo, for sure!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bump

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Starting to get some inquiries from Roadfly and BMWCCA ads now that the weather is changing............might consider some movement in the price but I don not get the new M3 until June.........:cool::cool::cool:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can someone provide input on a reasonable price ..........

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I going to look at an' 01 with New tires, clutch, brakes (rotors and pads), spark plugs, wires, hoses, coils, bushings, new cooling fan, oil change, and complete fluid change. They say it was $6200 worth of service. Asking $23995 with 84k on the clock. 3 owners.

The things that make you go ........HHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMM?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The weather is getting nice on the east coast..........summer wheels and tires are on, oil changed and it is running great. New M3 comes next month......someone make me an offer...........will negotiate a real deal for someone who wants both the M5 and my 87 M6............Joe

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Can someone provide input on a reasonable price ..........
A friend of mine also in MD, one owner 2000 with 50K is asking low twenties. So I would value a 2001 with 85K miles at 22. Less, since you're in a bit of a hurry.

That's my opinion. It's worth approximately twice what you paid for it. :hihihi:

Best of luck. New M3 should be great fun!

Michael

·
Registered
81 Posts
A friend of mine also in MD, one owner 2000 with 50K is asking low twenties. So I would value a 2001 with 85K miles at 22. Less, since you're in a bit of a hurry.

That's my opinion. It's worth approximately twice what you paid for it. :hihihi:

Best of luck. New M3 should be great fun!

Michael
Hey I like that opinion, since I am interested, but I can't afford to pay too much more than $20k (less would be nice).

Of course I know that Joe doesn't like it though...

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Okay.........let me provide some "guidance" here before things get out of hand.........
o I asked for input on "reasonable" prices not lowball ones
o The car now has 80,000 miles not 85,000
o Most importantly....I am not in a hurry

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Okay.........let me provide some "guidance" here before things get out of hand.........
o I asked for input on "reasonable" prices not lowball ones
o The car now has 80,000 miles not 85,000
o Most importantly....I am not in a hurry
"New M3 comes next month......someone make me an offer...........will negotiate a real deal for someone who wants both the M5 and my 87 M6............Joe"

" New M3 comes next month...someone make me an offer...." includes unreasonable offers too. New car coming,package deal(m5&m6) implies crunch time frame and or lack of funds for new purchase.

Interesting color combo. First I've seen. I'm not a silver guy but I like that. GL with the sale. Keep talking you might convince me.

OK...I'm gonna ask....How much for both? :)

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Currently asking $45,000 for both cars............will consider serious offers over$40,000 for this week only.............

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Price Reduced............M6 was sold. M5 is available for the best offer over $28,500. This is a really great running and looking car.............Joe 410 336-0802

·
Registered
304 Posts
Price Reduced............M6 was sold. M5 is available for the best offer over $28,500. This is a really great running and looking car.............Joe 410 336-0802
I have been looking at E39 M5's for many months now, I have not bought one because I am looking specifically for Imola/Caramel 03 with less than 50K miles. And also because I am also keeping my eye out for a pristine E34 M5 if one should cross my path.

I can buy an 03 with less than 50K miles for 32 to 34K all day long.

People care about MY and mileage, and with 03's going at such low prices, I would suggest that you re-evaluate your pricing strategy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts