BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Time to sell my 2001 M5. 44.6k miles, Carbon Black with Black leather interior, M-extended audio option, luxury interior (as opposed to Sport) with extended leather, wood trim, new floormats, updated Nav software and 2007 mapset.

Only modifications are TMS/Conforti software and Dinan exhaust (in photos but selling separately unless it goes with the car).

Texas car since new, drives perfectly.

Services this past year:

New Clutch, rear main seal, flex-disc, radiator flush (at 30k miles)(Dealer)
Tires at 35k miles
Oil changes every 5k (Dealer)

All receipts since new.

Feel free to PM, email or call with any questions - 512.922.7270

$27,500

Attachments

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
why so cheap?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I figured I would price it attractively and not have to defend the price or haggle. I see them locally from 28 to 31k with 40-60k miles so I figured I would just be one more in the pack at 29/30k.

I think its a fantastic buy considering the ones I looked at over the weekend for comparison, and hope it sells quickly as we found something else yesterday and hope to have that wrapped up today. We don't have room for three unfortunately.

·
Registered
29 Posts
its priced very good.. mine and his are probabaly the best priced ones out right now.. 2001 63k miles. dinan exhaust, brand new 19's and other goodies. 25,000$

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Smart man prices the car properly because he actually wants to sell it during his lifetime. :hihihi: I've seen so many cars here for sale that are enthusiastically priced, and the seller drops the price every month (but always at the upper end of the range) and a year later finally gets his price. That's fine if you have the money and space and patience...

Best of luck to you! What are you buying?

Michael

·
Registered
93 Posts
Smart man prices the car properly because he actually wants to sell it during his lifetime. :hihihi: I've seen so many cars here for sale that are enthusiastically priced, and the seller drops the price every month (but always at the upper end of the range) and a year later finally gets his price. That's fine if you have the money and space and patience...

Best of luck to you! What are you buying?

Michael
Its true, most people put an unrealistic price tag on their cars. This is not a cheap price for his car. It is appropriately priced with some room still to bargain. If you look at auction prices as well as what cars are actually selling for on ebay or other markets it will give you a lot of information.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can tell you I am suprised and irritated at the kinds of emails and calls I have had on this car. I've had a a couple of sub 25k offers (sight unseen of course) because of Mannheim auctions having one at 17k or somebody on craigslist with 90k+ miles being 22k or whatever.

I did lots of research and thought it was spot on value wise as there are many in the 28-29k price range now, very few of which have less than 50k miles.

But buyers determine the market. I just wonder how those asking 30k to 32k are fairing.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I can tell you I am suprised and irritated at the kinds of emails and calls I have had on this car. I've had a a couple of sub 25k offers (sight unseen of course) because of Mannheim auctions having one at 17k or somebody on craigslist with 90k+ miles being 22k or whatever.

I did lots of research and thought it was spot on value wise as there are many in the 28-29k price range now, very few of which have less than 50k miles.

But buyers determine the market. I just wonder how those asking 30k to 32k are fairing.
I hope you weren't thinking that I was saying your car is overpriced. It is true that the price of the M5's has gone down. It seems that you have a nice car and you have it fairly priced. Good luck with the sale!!!

·
Registered
377 Posts

I expanded some in a PM to you, but I think you're priced fairly. Selling a car privately takes a lot of patience unfortunately.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts