BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, for sale is a 2001 BMW M5 with approximately 80,250 miles. It's imola red with a tan/black interior (caramel/tan leather seats and black dash and accents). This car belonged to one of my best friends, Paul Craven, who used to post on this and other BMW forums. Unfortunately, early this fall, we lost Paul to a brief bout with cancer and are looking to send the big red beast on to another good home. I’m helping his wife and family sell this and a few other vehicles that Paul owned. My contact information is included at the bottom of this post if you have further questions. Here’s more about the car…

Overall, the car is extremely clean with only minor wear and tear. It runs flawlessly and is truly an impressive automobile. I’d love to keep it but already have two others. The car is from Texas and Paul purchased it in July, 2009 from Park Place Lexus in Plano, TX. The "car fax" shows an accident-free history and a list of all maintenance performed under warranty is available.

Features:
- Imola red
- Caramel leather interior with black dash and wood accents
- 400 hp V8
- Tires are Michelin Pilot Sport
- Front tires: 245/40-18 (50% tread left)
- Rear tires: 275/35-18 (50% tread left)
- Dice Electronics iPod connector in trunk
- BMW navigation system
- Tinted windows
- Angel eye head lights

Here is a link to pictures: M5 - a set on Flickr

It needs only minor work to be truly spectacular again. The only items of concern are:
- The rubber trim gasket around the windshield is cracked and needs to be replaced. This is only a trim item (BMW part number: 51 31 8 159 784) and is available for about $37 from Pelican Parts - Porsche Parts & BMW Parts - Automotive Parts and Accessories - Porsche & BMW.
- Both of the fog lamps have cracked lens covers. Both lights work properly and the damage is only cosmetic.
- The front leather seats are showing some age. They aren’t cracked through but are creased a bit.
- There are a few rock chips on the front valence.

This was definitely a driver’s car and not a garage queen. Based on what else I’ve seen available, we’re asking $20,500 or best offer. Contact me via the information below with questions or to set up a time to see the vehicle. The car is in Olathe, KS and just a ½ hour from the Kansas City airport (MCI). If you’re interested in flying in, I’d be happy to pick you up.

Thanks!

Rick Brandt
[email protected]
(913) 638-7949 = evenings preferred but leave a message anytime.
2003 BMW 330ci
2000 BMW M-Roadster (also imola red!)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts