BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm wanting to buy my first Porsche and as much as I have tried to rationalize it, I've decided that the M5 (and my Miata) have to go. So, I'm posting my M5 to this board since I'd rather have enthusiasts look at the car than some random person calling from the paper (I've already done that route and I wasn't exactly thrilled with the results). So, onto the specs of the car:

2001 BMW M5
Jet Black / Caramel Luxury (Full Leather) interior
81k (actually 80,8xx but I'll round up)

Mods:
Tinted windows
B&B Triflo Exhaust
Dinan Stage III Suspension (Koni)
UUC Evo3 Short Shift Kit + DSSR
UUC Transmission Mount Enforcer Package
TC Design Rear Sway Bar Brackets
Zionsville Autosport Super Duty Cooling Kit
StopTech Big Brake Kit 14" / 13.6" with Red Calipers
Intravee II and associated electronics for iPod connectivity
BSW Stage I Audio Upgrade w/ IQ Line speakers
BSW Subwoofer System for E39

I will also include the Peake Research R5/FCX-II OBD2 Scanner with the car as well.

You can see pictures of the car here. If there are any other pictures you would like to see, please let me know and I will see about taking those pictures and adding them to the gallery.

The condition of the paint is excellent with the exception of a few rock chips on the front of the car and a blemish on the passenger side door that is unnoticeable unless pointed out. The interior is extremely clean and looks almost brand new (I had the front seats redyed about a year ago). I am the 4th owner according to CarFax and have owned it since 3/21/2005. I've spared no expense when repairing it and practice proactive maintenance since I can't stand having cars that aren't in tip-top condition. While the car was in warranty, all work was done at BMW of Austin and when the warranty expired I have taken it exclusively to Black Forest Werkshop (one of the best BMW and Porsche independent repair shops in Austin). I have the complete records for the car since I have owned it and have the BMW service record of the car since it was brand new. It served as a daily driver for two years and became a weekend car since I bought the Miata (which, did I mention, I'm selling too?).

I only want to sell the car as-is and have taking all things into account I've set the price at $32,000 (or best reasonable offer).

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
'Curious......

Good luck with the sale. What model Porsche do you want to get??

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The contenders are a new Cayman S or a 02-04 996TT (as you suggested). There is also a small chance a C6 Z06 could be in the mix (assuming I can get a test drive in one to determine if it is for me).

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Since I can't edit the original post anymore:

I have fixed the passenger side door blemish with a good swirl remover, polish and wax job.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Don't rule out the 01 TT's....as long as you can find one with the bumperettes removed....only other difference as I recall is no glove box.....but there is substancial money to be saved.....

Chris

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just giving it a mid-week bump. I've noticed people have looked but have not made any significant comments.

Just to give a little more background on the modifications on the car. I had decided in November that I was going to keep the car for a while and I began to modify it. Other than the Dinan suspension, B&B Triflo exhaust and BSW Stage I speaker upgrade all the modifications to the car have been done in the past five months.
  • The Zionsville race radiator and UUC SSK+DSSR were installed in November.
  • The StopTech BBK was installed in January
  • The TCD Sway Bar Brackets and UUC TMEs were installed in February
  • The Intravee II was installed in January
  • The BSW Subwoofer was installed in March
I installed the Zionsville radiator during a proactive cooling system refresh where all the components of the cooling system were replaced (water pump, hoses, radiator, seals, thermostat, etc). The TCD Sway Bar Brackets were installed when I was getting ready for a track day.

As I said before, this car was a daily driver for two years but in the past year it has only been driven about 3000 miles as I split time between my two cars.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Looks nice. How many miles on the tires and clutch?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks nice. How many miles on the tires and clutch?
Thanks for the compliment, the tires have approximately 10k miles on them and the clutch is original to my knowledge. It shows no signs of slippage.

·
Registered
959 Posts
If you ever come down to Houston, I'll be happy to take you for a spin in my C6Z. Good luck with your sale...I love that Caramel interior!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you ever come down to Houston, I'll be happy to take you for a spin in my C6Z. Good luck with your sale...I love that Caramel interior!
Thanks, I might have to take you up on that offer.

The caramel interior has so far been my favorite interior (and what drew me to the car in the first place) out of any of the cars I've owned. I'm just sad no other car company (and even BMW) have offered this color in their cars.

Please spread the word if you know anyone looking for a clean M5 in Houston :).

·
Registered
959 Posts
Will do. If it weren't black, I'd be interested myself...just too many black cars! Best of luck...

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
DoctorV8 said:
Will do. If it weren't black, I'd be interested myself...just too many black cars! Best of luck...
Thanks and are you really sure? You can never have too many black cars :).

Want to part it out?
Nope. Selling as is.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just an update, the car is now owned by M5board member SethC.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts