1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Detailed pictures: <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:p></O:p><O:p></O:p>
http://home.comcast.net/~reflexgti/BMWM5/index.html<O:p></O:p><O:p></O:p>
<O:p></O:p>
The E39 M5 was available in the <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = ST1 /><ST1:pLACE w:st="on"><ST1:COUNTRY-REGION w:st="on">United States</ST1:COUNTRY-REGION></ST1:pLACE> from September of 1999 to June of 2003 and a total of 9992 examples were sold. This particular cars’ exterior is Anthracite Metallic (limited to the 2001 model year and only 397 M5s were painted with this color). The interior is black leather with burl walnut trim. The paint is flawless, not even one ding and the inside is equally impressive. The odometer reading (as of early February 2008) is ~104,000 miles, which works out to just shy of 15,000 miles annually. The majority of my driving is on the freeway. This M5 was delivered well equipped with every factory option offered and has been very well maintained by an enthusiast owner. Below are some of the noteworthy aspects of this car…..<O:p></O:p>
Factory standard features for 2001:<O:p></O:p>
Revised Xenon headlight design with auto leveling incorporating illuminated "Angel Eye" rings, power windows/mirrors/door locks, cruise control, auto dimming mirrors (heated), auto rain sensing wipers, tire pressure monitor, widescreen GPS navigation, cassette deck, 6 disc CD changer, Homelink, Keyless Entry / BMW security, power tilt/telescoping wheel, DSC, heated seats, dual zone automatic climate, on board computer, A/C, steering wheel audio controls, power driver / passenger seats, power moonroof, front driver/passenger airbags, front and rear head airbags and front and rear side airbags., "jeweled" tail light design with Celis LEDs, thicker three-spoke M steering wheel identical to the one fitted to the E46 M3, grey instrument faces, solar sensor for standard automatic climate control, revised navigation/audio unit with larger (6.5-inch widescreen) monitor, rear head protection airbags added and second-generation M Mobility tire repair system in place of earlier version.<O:p></O:p>
Factory options include:<O:p></O:p>
Extended leather interior (includes leather door pulls, door armrests, door panels, center console, center armrest, sun visors, dashboard, glove box door, upper door trims and lower B-pillar, plus Alcantara (synthetic suede) on the A-pillar, upper B-pillar, C-pillar and rear parcel shelf), PDC (park distance control), M-Audio, fold down rear seats, Rear ski bag<O:p></O:p>
Additional options:<O:p></O:p>
· Upgraded 2005.2 Navigation CD Maps<O:p></O:p>
· Full front 3M clear bra (full bumper, headlight, fog lights, fenders, hood, side mirrors and leading door edges) <O:p></O:p>
· M floor mats<O:p></O:p>
· BMW rubber winter mats.<O:p></O:p>
Recent maintenance (all items listed below are new):<O:p></O:p>
Factory BMW clutch, front control arms (all of them), rear ball joints, all tires, AC condenser (rock ate the old one), A/C belt, oil vent hoses (both), front brake pads, center support bushing, tie rod ends, center drag link, thermostat, coolant temp sensor, EVAP purge valve, AUC sensor, fuel pump, fuel filter, rear main seal, updated center rear view mirror, center exhaust hanger bushings, MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensors, brake fluid, coolant. Recent oil & filter change.<O:p></O:p>
<O:p>I love this car but I'm looking for something bigger that can also serve as a tow vehicle. </O:p>
<O:p>Asking $26k or best offer.</O:p>
<O:p>Steve</O:p>

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
See... now this is how you sell a car on the Internet. Good description and lots of great pictures. Best of luck with your sale!

Michael

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you. Actually showed the car to an individual yesterday that was astonished at the condition of the car. He gave me a cash deposit and looks to be picking it up on Sunday. Car is tentatively sold.

I did get a bit teary eyed... the realization that I may no longer have the beast.

Steve

·
Registered
5 Posts
Noooooooooo.....

I was going to contact you next week because I was seriously interested in your beast and finally closed some things financially. Oh well.

Beautiful car - I love the color and the condition looks impeccable.

Shawn

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Beautiful car, in the last year I've only seen 3 Anthracite M5s for sale on this board, and I bought one of them :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry to disappoint potential future owners. I'll know for sure if the car is sold by Sunday as that's when the buyer is suppose to pick it up. I've seen strange things happen before so I won't say it's sold for sure until I have payment in hand.

I think I'm experiencing seller's remorse... It all happened so fast that I haven't even had a chance to look for a replacement yet.

Steve

1 - 11 of 11 Posts