BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
10,455 Posts
Interesting find, Gama imports is a used car lot up the road a bit from concord bmw. They often get concord bmw's less desirable left overs, but also any modded cars. Concord wouldn't sell a car with dinan stuff (since they're not a dinan dealer) nor the brake kit, so this might be a good find!
Mike

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They wont sell a Dinan modded car because they're not a Dinan Dealer? That sounds silly...

Anyway, I think you're right in that this might be a great get for someone intersted in an '01 MY.

The car looks nice...if the carfax is clean and maintenance records are good.

·
10,455 Posts
M-Fünf said:
They wont sell a Dinan modded car because they're not a Dinan Dealer? That sounds silly...

Yeah, when i tradded in my 00 e46 323, which had several dinan items on it, they were just going to wholesale if off. They consider it modified, and since they're not a dinan dealer, they can't make it a "dinan cpo" car. They generally won't resell modified cars. They also won't re-sell anything with over 100k on the clock...
Mike

·
Registered
15 Posts
FWIW -

I looked at this car about 45 days ago. They were asking $49,500. The car came from East Bay BMW in Pleasanton, where exactly as you stated, they wouldn't CPO or do anything other than unload it. There was an ad in Cars.com for this same vehicle, advertised at $43,000 +/- from East Bay. Gama must have paid something less than that, picked it up, and put it on their lot. They stated they in fact purchased it from East Bay. I asked them why they thought driving it over from Pleasanton was worth $6500, and they told me there was no way the car was advertised at that price and I should show them the advertisement. Whatever, I saw it, I know it, and their over inflated value of self turned me off anyways. They didn't even have the service history or know how to get it. Nice awareness on a car you want nearly $50k for.

I looked at several cars over the last several months before purchasing an '00 right before Christmas. The 2001 Anthracite in question looked clean, has the nice brakes, and M-Audio if I remember correctly. I offered them $42,500 for the car and they wouldn't budge.........so I found a better one:) .

The factory warranty is expired on this '01, mileage relatively high, but not outrageous, and with any mods, good luck even getting a good will nod from any factory BMW service manager if you do have a problem. Unless Gama Imports is ready for a decent haircut, that car might be setting there in another 2 months. Or not.

Nice enough, but not any nicer than several other examples that you can find with an extended warranty, lower mileage, and documented service history.

Good luck,
JR

·
Registered
251 Posts
I also took a look at this one while shopping in November. They had "just" bought it from Concord BMW, and they guy there (forgot his name) didn't know squat about the car.

Didn't make an offer because the mystery mods made me skeptical, and the interior, while clean, showed some signs of wear (not babied). Nice color though :haha:

Paul

1 - 6 of 6 Posts