BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much deliberation I am selling my 2000 BMW E39 M5. Here is your chance to own one of the best cars ever made. If you are reading this you probably know what you are looking at. This is a wolf in sheep’s clothing, a sleeper, a sedan with great handling and almost 400hp that can do a sub 5 sec 0-60.

My car is anthracite metallic with the black interior and has just about all of the factory options except the back-up sensors. It is a 6 speed manual with, the suede headliner, Moonroof, leather dash cover, Ski Pass thru, and even the factory badge delete option which takes off all of the external M badges (Stealthy).

Other non-factory options include: K40 concealed radar detector, Newer widescreen DVD NAV and BMW factory Bluetooth phone pairing.
The car has just over 150,000 miles. It’s seen both coasts and a lot of America in between. I have used only Mobile 1 oil since I bought her in ’06. The digital part of the dash (which used to be a known problem with these cars) was replaced by BMW in Des Moines and has no dead pixels. The clutch and the transmission replaced were a couple years ago at 120k. I also have the current carfax if you want to see it

This car has served me very well and I would love to keep it. It is probably the best car I will ever own but we have decided that we have too many vehicles and the sedan just won’t do all the things we need. The car cost $72,000 on the sticker, now she can be yours for $16,500.

Cheers
Brendan

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
You'll be sorry. Also, you forgot to mention that Anthracite is the fastest colour.

Beautiful car and good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Chrome trim. Must be an early import? Or maybe that was part of the badge delete option?

Looks good. M5 2002 is just coming up on 150K in the next month or two.

GLWS

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Chrome trim. Must be an early import? Or maybe that was part of the badge delete option?

Looks good. M5 2002 is just coming up on 150K in the next month or two.

GLWS
The chrome trim was an option at least through MY2001.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Guys

I have had no real bites yet. Am I way off base with my price? I thought I had done the research and settled on something fair but I'm willing to negotiate. What can I do or change in my advert to get this thing sold?

I've never had this much trouble getting interest in a sale and this is far and away the best car I've ever driven.

Cheers
Brendan

·
Registered
307 Posts
I'll be honest with you brother I can pick these up all day and every day from 6 to 9k with sub 100k miles. I got my E60 M5 for less than what you're selling your car for with 54k miles in perfect condition.
Sorry to spill the bad news.

·
Registered
307 Posts
With that mileage it's a 10k car...and I'm basically a dealer that buys these cars. Sorry for the bad news. My cousin sold his for 14k with 82k miles

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
who cares what a dealer pays for a car from an auction. As "basically" a dealer (whatever that really is) for what would you sell a sub 100k e39 M5?

Market will bear much higher prices, the issue is how fast do you want to move the vehicle. I did a quick search and found a few with much higher mileage for $13K. At 10-11K it should move fast as it opens the sale to those who are financing the whole kitty. At 16 it will make for a slower sale but therein is the rub; whether to sell fast and low or to take the time and get top dollar.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I paid $12k recently for a fully documented 100k mile 2000 m5. I think you are in the 10-11k range w/ that mileage on a 2000 model year.

·
Registered
658 Posts
^Agree. Priced high at $16.5k for 150k miles 2000 M5.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Higher sale prices are a very good thing. It is an indicator for value, like if you sell yours or worse.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
3 items:

1: I'm open to offers.
B: I don't seem to be getting consistent post notifications
3: Wanna Get this car sold bump

Cheers
Brendan

1 - 15 of 15 Posts