Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
SOLD

2000 BMW M5 Jet Black / Caramel
116800 miles
Dinan Stage 1 Suspension (Dinan springs, Koni struts)
Dinan Signature 18" wheels w/ Bridgestone Potenza RE050 275/35F 285/35R
Powerchip’s latest DME flash

*Garage kept daily driver since original owner*

$15800 OBO

Clean title in hand.

*!!*Please read the whole ad, it may answer any questions you may have*!!*

My E39 M5 has been an awesome car and I wish I had the garage space and money to comfortably keep it along with whatever toy I plan to replace it with, but it would be silly of me to do that - so I am putting the car up for sale in order to get into an NSX or Porsche 993. I am looking for a cash sale, so no trades.

I purchased this car less than a year ago from the original owner in Frankin Massachusetts. As soon as I saw the car in their garage, I knew they cared for it, no expenses spared. They purchased it brand new and all the modifications were performed by the original owner (with the exception of the Powerchip reflash). They were not able to provide me with paper copies of the service records, but all the work done to the car was performed by Landshark Automotive; a reputable independent BMW repair shop local to them. I called Landshark to discuss the car and they were quick to vouch for how well maintained this car is - and it shows, aside from the cupholders, everything works and there are no warning lights on the dash, all the pixels work on the cluster, and climate control, and no ‘messages’ on the OBC. As you may know, E39 M5's suffer from carbon build-up issues, this car has the Powerchip flash which masks the SAI code - ensuring it will pass emissions and with no SES light on the dash. The SAI issue is strictly an emissions issue, with no loss in power or performance. I should also note that this particular E39 M5 burns about a liter (1.09qt) of Castrol 10W60 every 800 miles - I am assured by the knowledgeable members of M5 board, AND BMW that this is within factory specifications and nothing to worry about. I also want to point out that I just changed the oil today (1/4/2011), using an OEM filter and 7.5 liters of Castrol TWS.

The car has never been in an accident or had any paintwork, per Carfax and my own evaluation of the paint and body. But with over 100k highway miles, the lower front bumper is showing it’s age and use and has many rock chips. There is a few scratches on the body of the car from daily use and a couple door dings too. I may get the body cleaned up by a PDR guy in the near future.

This is the email that I received from the original owner, which was sent to them by an employee of Landshark Automotive. As you can see the car is on it’s 3rd clutch! In 2006 the valve cover gaskets were replaced, but I had them replaced again in 2010 (I have the service receipt) by BMW of Tenafly (formerly known as Difeo BMW). I also had both intake crankshaft position sensors replaced by the same dealership. I have had the car at 2 reputable BMW dealerships in Bergen County NJ and both have commented on how clean this car is.

7/20/2005
- replaced AMMs (x2)
- replaced air filter

8/16/2006
- Inspection II service
- replaced valve cover gaskets
- replaced crankcase vent. valves and hoses
- drive belts
- sway bar links

8/17/2009
- front brake discs/pads/sensor
- a/c system service

6/29/2005
- camshaft position sensor
- fan clutch/blade
- a/c belt

10/17/2007
- clutch/flywheel/slave
- rear mail seal/input shaft seal
- catalytic converter clamps

5/2/2008
- catalytic converter (bank 2)
- fuel vent line

5/10/209
- Porterfield R4S brake pads front/rear
- brake flush

4/11/2010
- OE flywheel
- OE clutch
- clutch slave
- clutch system flush

There are few more intermediate oil changes but this is the big stuff. If
anyone has any questions about the car, feel free to have them call the
shop directly.
Thanks,

Notable issues:

The wheels are in good shape, but the LR Wheel has a slight bend on the outer lip, it does not effect air or balance. The is some small curb rash on a couple of the wheels, as soon as the snow goes away I will back the car out the garage and get better pics of each wheel.

Cupholders are broken.

I have a very busy schedule and would appreciate it if ONLY serious buyers with pre-approved financing, OR cash in hand to contact me at: dwilinsky (at) gmail (dot) com , or call my mobile at 201 914 5033.

I will replace these shots with better, higher quality pictures when I get a chance - probably during the weekend. Any specific photo requests, just ask!

·
Registered
877 Posts
Wisky,

Nice car GLWS, pm'ed you about wheels

James

·
Registered
1,567 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Price reduced to $13400, Car will be sold on Bobert Type E 17inch wheels with Blizzaks

$13.4k is a great deal for a well maintained, garage kept E39 M5!

I will post up updated pics with the car on Bobert Type E's ASAP.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Car as it sits today.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Price is OBO, but i'm looking to stay close to 13k since I have 6 months before I want to buy the replacement toy, so I am willing to wait for the right buyer.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Wisky are the wheels for safe? And how much?

·
Registered
188 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We spoke via telephone about a week ago regarding the wheels. You never called me back, and I tried to call and text you but you did not reply.

I have sold the wheels to someone across the country. Good luck with your search, i'm sure a set will pop up eventually.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I am looking to buy Dinan wheels, Dinan diff 3.45, and Dinan headers. If any one has them and is willing to sell, let me know.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Car is sold. Thread can be closed. Happy motoring!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.