BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my car from Scotthalls BMW of Hampshire as a BMW Approved used car it was sold with new front tyres, namely Dunlop SP Sport 9000s. They recently needed replacement after 29600 miles (including 112 mad miles around Thruxton Circuit) so I shopped round for prices. I was quoted £372 for Continentals and more for Michelins by Protyre my usual tyre supplier. I have never had any complaints about the Dunlop's performance so I asked Protrye about Dunlop 9000s and was told they were not available. I eventually called Scotthalls BMW and had them fit 9000s that seem to be exactly the same type as the worn pair and after 500 miles they seem to perform exactly like the previous pair so no complaints. You probably think that going to the main dealer for tyres is expensive, not in my experience, the 9000s cost £259.20 for the pair fully fitted and balanced etc.

Now I suppose somebody will reply that the 9000s are inferior but I speak as I find and have found them fine, and 29600 miles can't be bad. To save a few respones, yes I do drive with respect for my car, no I do not drive like Miss Daisy, yes I do give it some stick when I can.

Scotthalls have also carried out all my servicing and repairs under their 6 years plus scheme which allows 50% discount off labour and 10% off parts which seems fair to me.

I realise that this is of not much interest to members other than in the UK but when you consider that Shell V power petrol is around $8.50 per USA gallon (assuming my maths is correct) in the UK you may sympathise with the need to keep running costs down.

I hope this is of interest.

·
Registered
595 Posts
When I bought my car from Scotthalls BMW of Hampshire as a BMW Approved used car it was sold with new front tyres, namely Dunlop SP Sport 9000s. They recently needed replacement after 29600 miles (including 112 mad miles around Thruxton Circuit) so I shopped round for prices. I was quoted £372 for Continentals and more for Michelins by Protyre my usual tyre supplier. I have never had any complaints about the Dunlop's performance so I asked Protrye about Dunlop 9000s and was told they were not available. I eventually called Scotthalls BMW and had them fit 9000s that seem to be exactly the same type as the worn pair and after 500 miles they seem to perform exactly like the previous pair so no complaints. You probably think that going to the main dealer for tyres is expensive, not in my experience, the 9000s cost £259.20 for the pair fully fitted and balanced etc.

Now I suppose somebody will reply that the 9000s are inferior but I speak as I find and have found them fine, and 29600 miles can't be bad. To save a few respones, yes I do drive with respect for my car, no I do not drive like Miss Daisy, yes I do give it some stick when I can.

Scotthalls have also carried out all my servicing and repairs under their 6 years plus scheme which allows 50% discount off labour and 10% off parts which seems fair to me.

I realise that this is of not much interest to members other than in the UK but when you consider that Shell V power petrol is around $8.50 per USA gallon (assuming my maths is correct) in the UK you may sympathise with the need to keep running costs down.

I hope this is of interest.
Sounds pretty good deal to me!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts