1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,300 Posts

Ya Baby, they LOOK great !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
The truth of the matter is that the stock front strut bars are perfect.
We get the CF strut bars, ie. Dinan because they look cool but not because they product any effect.

The rear CF strut bar from Dinan may yield some improvement in rear handling as positioned between the rear upper shock towers. This maybe of some value?

What we need is a good coilover system to be developed by H&R, Bilstein, KW or Moton.

Cheers gentlemen, M5Ranger

·
Registered
907 Posts
Moton please......

Chris

·
Registered
126 Posts
The truth of the matter is that the stock front strut bars are perfect.
We get the CF strut bars, ie. Dinan because they look cool but not because they product any effect.

The rear CF strut bar from Dinan may yield some improvement in rear handling as positioned between the rear upper shock towers. This maybe of some value?

What we need is a good coilover system to be developed by H&R, Bilstein, KW or Moton.

Cheers gentlemen, M5Ranger
MOTON has a system. I just ordered their setup for my car on Friday from Cantrell Motorport in WA. Hoping to have it all done and setup with my HRE's 790-R wheels by May 1st! I'll post a new thread once completed!

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Looks don't make it go any better...............The car needs, what I do.....to loose some weight !!!!

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Genesismotoring could you please expand on the topic of Moton coilovers for the M5/M6?
This interesting news and if you could offer more detailed info I would very grateful.
If you'd like, just PM me with specifics and cost.
Is there info on their website about the M5?

Anyway thank you for any and all info.

M5Ranger...Juan (also a fellow RS4 owner)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Genesismotoring could you please expand on the topic of Moton coilovers for the M5/M6?
This interesting news and if you could offer more detailed info I would very grateful.
If you'd like, just PM me with specifics and cost.
Is there info on their website about the M5?

Anyway thank you for any and all info.

M5Ranger...Juan (also a fellow RS4 owner)

PM sent!

·
Registered
100 Posts
disagree. I got the cf one from dinan for free and was skeptical. The stock one is FLIMSY and cheap. I could (and did) actually collapse the thing with my hands. The CF one won't budge. For such a heavy front end I am honestly suprised BMW saved on weight here vs. rigidity.

The net effect is mostly in steering feel. Nice and firm with welcomed added resistance.

The fabrication on the thing is great, but probably not worth $600.

·
Registered
142 Posts
disagree. I got the cf one from dinan for free and was skeptical. The stock one is FLIMSY and cheap. I could (and did) actually collapse the thing with my hands. The CF one won't budge. For such a heavy front end I am honestly suprised BMW saved on weight here vs. rigidity.

The net effect is mostly in steering feel. Nice and firm with welcomed added resistance.

The fabrication on the thing is great, but probably not worth $600.
You bent the stock bar in a way that it's not designed to accept. So what? The stock bars are perfectly effective in tension or compression, which is the force exerted on them.

Gustav Stroes has a good article on the physics involved here.

CF strut bars are pure bling, which is fine if that's what you're into, but there is no performance improvement.

·
Registered
100 Posts
You bent the stock bar in a way that it's not designed to accept. So what? The stock bars are perfectly effective in tension or compression, which is the force exerted on them.

Gustav Stroes has a good article on the physics involved here.

CF strut bars are pure bling, which is fine if that's what you're into, but there is no performance improvement.
Eh. whatever. there is still noticable compression on them - but I doubt you've taken yours off. I'm not into the bling and you can't even notice it. Not that into Dinan stuff either for that matter + it was free as mentioned. Guess if you thought about what I said vs. having me have to spell it out for you..

·
Registered
100 Posts
read article, suggests the forces may be tension, but doesn't dismiss compression. Either way - try one - the steering is firmer, didn't say it handles better.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have the AC Schnitzer strut bar on my car and it looks AWESOME! Actually, it does NOT replace the factory bar but goes over it and closes around it 360 degrees at te ends. It's a clever design that, again, looks very good.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I have the AC Schnitzer strut bar on my car and it looks AWESOME! Actually, it does NOT replace the factory bar but goes over it and closes around it 360 degrees at te ends. It's a clever design that, again, looks very good.
pic please

1 - 17 of 17 Posts