BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Alpine White car and I am having the front license plate holder painted this week just in case i decide i need to have it put on the car to avoid the ticket and since he is painting i thought i might get a pair of AC style splitters from eurodyne or ddm and have them painted at the same time. I didnt want the carbon fiber i was going to buy them plain and paint them white. Looking for any feedback or comments to anyone who has had them or seen them before i decide. Thanks

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
I have an Alpine White car and I am having the front license plate holder painted this week just in case i decide i need to have it put on the car to avoid the ticket and since he is painting i thought i might get a pair of AC style splitters from eurodyne or ddm and have them painted at the same time. I didnt want the carbon fiber i was going to buy them plain and paint them white. Looking for any feedback or comments to anyone who has had them or seen them before i decide. Thanks
It comes down to preference. I've had them, but I prefer the 1-piece lips on my car. The quality of the DDM/Eurodyne part is very good.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Appreciate the comment for the parts i may order. When you say one piece do you mean like a Hamann type?

·
Registered
866 Posts
I've had both Hamann an currently ACS splitter on my car. The Hamann piece's lip was very fat and scraped on everything at stock ride height. The ACS carbon pieces from Euro-dyne that I have now never scrape with my GC coilover that is set very low. I think it all comes down to personal preference.

·
Registered
5,908 Posts
I just picked up a set of ACS type splitter from DDM and I'm going to have them painted to match. I've been knocking around the chin spoiler/splitter idea for a while now and I'm just not in love with any of them. I do like the Hamann 1 piece as well but again, don't love it. The ACS splitters are less than $100 shipped and I have a paint guy who will spray them for next to nothing, so I'm not out much if they don't float my boat.

My car is about to be lowered on GC's and this is the look I'm after spoilerwise. :blink:

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Go for it. I 100% agree that you should paint them white and I'm sure you will really like the look. You should get the front plate holder that uses the front tow hook location so you don't have to drill any holes in the front bumper unless it's too late anyway.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Been thought about getting the ACS type (Definitely NOT the real article ACS stuff is ridiculou$) to mend and mask a cracked valance...

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Been thought about getting the ACS type (Definitely NOT the real article ACS stuff is ridiculou$) to mend and mask a cracked valance...
Not a bad idea. Crazy thing for me was I was crazy enough to put my ACS rep CF splitters on a newly repaired freshly painted brand new looking front bumper. I felt nauseous as I drilled into it and felt light headed at times too but it was worth it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I just did exactly that. Knocked a hole in the lower bumper, got these to put over it. Painted them gloss black. They actually look good, and that was cheaper than replacing the whole bumper. I'll replace the bumper at some point, but I needed to spend the bucks on another car in the fleet.

It was easier to drill holes in the messed up bumper than it would have been on a new pristine one...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your car looks great especially the offset on the wheels. I couldnt help but see that the fog light covers are custom? where did you get them and do they open up to pull air through? thanks

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
True i will send a few pics to you. Where about do you live I am in Greece and know of three others that have our car. Red one from greece, Blue one from the city and my son has a friend with a silver one. Mine is white with a black roof.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I am out in spencerport. It would be cool to have a meet up when the weather gets better i know at least one other member here that is also interested in that

·
Registered
87 Posts
I think they look good

·
Registered
86 Posts
I just picked up a set of ACS type splitter from DDM and I'm going to have them painted to match. I've been knocking around the chin spoiler/splitter idea for a while now and I'm just not in love with any of them. I do like the Hamann 1 piece as well but again, don't love it. The ACS splitters are less than $100 shipped and I have a paint guy who will spray them for next to nothing, so I'm not out much if they don't float my boat.

My car is about to be lowered on GC's and this is the look I'm after spoilerwise. :blink:

Holy hell, I know im years late, came across this thread, but how in the world do I get my front to look like yours! I have titanium silver also, but that sink drain mod, and those lights are insane combo! Part names please, looks like euro reflectors too. White instead of amber.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Holy hell, I know im years late, came across this thread, but how in the world do I get my front to look like yours! I have titanium silver also, but that sink drain mod, and those lights are insane combo! Part names please, looks like euro reflectors too. White instead of amber.
That was another member's car.

Headlights are Euro OEM headlights. You can just replace the lenses on your lights if they're bakeable.
01 03 BMW E39 5 Series Euro Replacement Headlight Lenses w Chrome Reflector | eBay

Grille: BMW E39 M5 Front Bumper Aluminum Brake Duct Lower Center Mesh Grille Made in USA | eBay

And splitters, check on eBay for "e39 splitters"

1 - 20 of 22 Posts