BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Luxury interior, I had the rare chance to sit in my passenger's seat today and quickly realized the seat has more supple cushion and lumber support compared to my driver's side. Are the seats construction identical if I swap out the auxillury buttons on the sides/seat motors/bracketry on the bottom?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts

·
Company Representative for Valley Motorwerks
763 Posts
Swap seat foams if you don't want to spend a lot of money.. otherwise do what I did and have new foam installed. Truthfully though... I sat in a car with VERY low miles and it still felt better that my re-foamed seats.. idk

·
Registered
370 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
What about the idea of swapping drivers seat for passengers going from RHD to LHD or vice versa? I know this question has been asked before but i don't think an answer was known.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
What about the idea of swapping drivers seat for passengers going from RHD to LHD or vice versa? I know this question has been asked before but i don't think an answer was known.
Haha. Ive thought about this.

Anyone in the UK have a 'passenger' side Black/Black Sport Seat?? I'll pick it up when Im there in July!

;)

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Haha. Ive thought about this.

Anyone in the UK have a 'passenger' side Black/Black Sport Seat?? I'll pick it up when Im there in July!

;)
LOL. The excess weight charges to tote that on the plane will out weigh just buying a fresh seat here from the stealer! I have a hard enough time just toting back a suitcase full of food and SMALL car parts.

Snag this too for me while you're there..(J/K)

Sealey

·
Registered
750 Posts
I've removed my seats before and I believe, but am not completely sure, that the 4 mounting bolts are symmetrical. The plastic side pieces with switches can be swapped but at issue is that the wires which plug in are not likely long enough to reach to the opposite side of the seat if swapped. A minor point is that the height adjustment of the shoulder seat belt restraint is automatically adjusted by a cable which clips into the bottom, outer 1/3 of the seat base mount. If swapped, this clip won't reach and something new would need to be fabricated.

·
Registered
370 Posts
The frames are not interchangeable from DS to PS. I would assume that a PS US seat would fit in what would be the DS of a right hand drive car.

Truthfully, I thought that swapping out the padding and leather from one frame to the other would be a big deal. It was not. Now that I think about it, I also had to ohm out and repair the wiring on one of my heating pads. Taking that out of the mix it is a two hour per seat job tops. No got rings needed.

·
Registered
51 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts