BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some help here... Just installed new tires and they are rubbing. It seems they sit under the strut collar, causing the issue. I am not sure if they should have full clearance or something is wrong. My wheels are 20x9 et 20 on 255-35-20 and 20x10 et 25 on 285-30-20. Here is a pic of the clearances I am referring too. Also, my stock wheels are off and about to go get painted so I don't have the original tires to see if they rubbed... Long story but they were spanked...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Your front end definitely needs spacers. Stock is 19x8.5 ET12. You went half an inch wider which would give you 1/4 inch less clearance if the offset stayed the same but then you jumped to ET20. So now you reduced your clearance 8mm + 1/4 inch (6.35mm) = 14.35mm or more than half an inch.

You need to put a 15mm spacer on.

Reactions: Hotsauce

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
This doesn't make any sense to me. I'm running 20x9.5 +20 front without any rubbing on anything. I'm running 255/35/20 tires. And I'm pretty low on coilovers too.

Dan

Reactions: Hotsauce

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Does anyone run with 0 offsets and eliminate the need for spacers?
The 15 or 20 mm spacers, extended lugs or studs?
What coil overs are you running and where can I get them, just in case I freak out. Thanks!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Does anyone run with 0 offsets and eliminate the need for spacers?
The 15 or 20 mm spacers, extended lugs or studs?
What coil overs are you running and where can I get them, just in case I freak out. Thanks!
Some are running 0 offsets. Depending on how aggressive you want the look to be will determine the width of the wheels.

15MM with matching bolts to play it safe. With 20MM it will push your rims towards the outer edge (more aggressive) but I don't know what tires you are using. It may rub.

Dan has BC coilovers which is the picture I used but he changed his springs to Swift.

Quite a bit of coilover manufacturers out there, I would just do a search and read the reviews.

These would be best IMO: Bilstein B16 EDC Coil Over Suspension - E60 M5 - Turner Motorsport
You lose EDC functionality when using coilovers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts