BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the US version will have a clean front bumper (no plate holder)? All the european models have that ugly plate holder (probably stricter plate laws). Am hoping for a clean front end with NO plates.

·
Registered
83 Posts
You must request the dealership not to drill holes and prep for license plate. The U.S. legally requires them, but about 50% of cars don't have them, and it is normally a $10 fix it ticket if you get caught a 2nd time.. $10 is worth looking clean. :cool:

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, but if you look carefully, it looks like they photoshopped out the european plate. You can see it's kind of blurry, and then you can almost make out the two top screw holes.

Yet another mystery in the car of my dreams...
AbruzziBoy said:
Front view swiped off the BMW USA website. Looks pretty clean to me.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I have a guy where I live who gets me out of all my tickets, ALL of them. But would happily pay a small fine if issued the citation. In 20 years I have only had one front plate issue and it was only a warning. I'll make sure the dealer takes care of me on this one.

Thanks for the reply!

texas //M5 said:
You must request the dealership not to drill holes and prep for license plate. The U.S. legally requires them, but about 50% of cars don't have them, and it is normally a $10 fix it ticket if you get caught a 2nd time.. $10 is worth looking clean. :cool:

·
Registered
147 Posts
what are yoy all talking about? my e39 came with one but since PA doesn't required it the dealer does't put it on. i am sure it's a state by state issue. ny and nj need them. they come to the usa w/o them attached as i'm sure my new one will. BTW the one they send with the car will be color coordinated to the bumber scheme.
:blabla: :blabla:
max

·
Registered
123 Posts
Zonacat said:
Does anyone know if the US version will have a clean front bumper (no plate holder)? All the european models have that ugly plate holder (probably stricter plate laws). Am hoping for a clean front end with NO plates.
What I plan to do for my M6 is to give the dealer the part no. and impress upon him to leave it off.

Here are two links to the info for an M5. Note it's the Euro 2005 version but I'm sure soon they will have the pertinent info posted.

Main site

Specific part

·
Registered
90 Posts
Here in Australia we got them clean with no plate holder or holes ;)

·
Registered
267 Posts
texas //M5 said:
It is not a U.S Law. State law prevails on this issue. Several states do not require front plates including my current sand box, Florida:cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts