BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ALTHOUGH I LIVE IN NY......ive decided to take the front plate off and just carry it in the trunk (it kills the LOOK of the "scooped out" air dam)....anyway, where can i purchase that BLACK STRIP to cover the "drilled holes"....I believe a few people taked about such a STRIP a while back. ANY suggestions?

·
Registered
592 Posts
I don't think there is one, on a regular 5 series you can do that but when my dealer offered up that solution they found out the bumpers are a little different with the result that you can't use the black strip. SORRY!

·
Registered
158 Posts
fyi, this is what i did (this from a previous discussion on this topic):

it's two screws into the bumper. your front plate kit came with a bunch of screws, the plate holder and FOUR SCREW HEAD COVERS. take off the bracket, put the two screws that held the bracket in BACK IN and then cover them up with two of the screw head covers. you end up with two dimples on your front bumper that don't look that bad at all IMO.
ymmv,
shawn

·
Registered
52 Posts
i think the dealer adds the front bracket. because, when i took delivery of my m5, the dealer told me that they specifically left the bracket off & i have no holes or marks or indents on my bumper

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To answer my own question.......i called BAVARIAN AUTOSPORT and they said they had a BLACK STRIP specifically made for the M5....i ordered it and will let you know how it works out........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts