BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
5,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I quite like the hartage front hood, and I was wondering if anyone knows any company that makes E39 front hoods like these.
Thanks
Terence

·
Registered
7 Posts
Originally posted by tfung:
I quite like the hartage front hood, and I was wondering if anyone knows any company that makes E39 front hoods like these.
Thanks
Terence

I have read that hartge produced this hood for the m5 in the first place. I to am interested in this hood or something of carbon fiber. I am going to locate a local hartge dealer and see what i can find out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I TOO AM INTERESTED IN THIS HOOD AND READ THAT IT WAS PRODUCED WITH THE M5 IN MIND. I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A CARON FIBER HOOD/BODY PANELS AND AM GOING TO LOCATE A HARTGE DEALER TO SEE WHAT I CAN FIND OUT. WHO IS THE BIGGEST HARTGE SUPPLIER IN THE US?

·
Banned
121 Posts
That's a smart thing to do! After changing the hood to carbon fiber, the car should have almost a 50:50 weight distribution. Right now the weight distribution is 60 front : 40 rear.

·
Moderator Emeritus
5,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
but how does carbon fiber compare to steel in terms of safety? I would think it,s not as strong and the the frontal area will not withstand an impact as well as the stock hood. What are you thoughts?
Terence

1 - 6 of 6 Posts