BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where can i find a front passenger side caliper? went to rebuild mine with fresh seals as it was dribbling, and the piston is pitted/rusted/scored to ****. get bmw parts has them for 500,but for all of that i might as well just sack up and buy a used bbk....

tried ebay with no luck, anyone have any ideas as to where i can find one, or even just a new piston?

thank you.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I replaced both my front caliper pistons recently, I'm in the UK and got them from brakeparts.co.uk about £17 I think. I'm sure there must be some US brake part suppliers that will stock a piston of the correct size.

Reactions: feeblebob

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
A couple members in the UK have sources the pistons over there and they didn't seem too expensive and shipping wouldn't be too bad. Search for "caliper rebuild" or something like that for the threads. When I did mine last year I couldn't find the pistons in the US so I just cleaned them up as best I could and they have been fine. As long as the pitting doesn't go past the seal groove they should work. There are a couple of yards in California that seem to specialize in BMW and usually are parting out an M5 or two. You could try to email them directly. If the car was on the west coast, they may not have rusted too badly. I'd put on StopTech's before I would pay the premium for new OEM parts.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I replied to your PM. I have both calipers in great shape powder coated silver for you.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I replaced both my front caliper pistons recently, I'm in the UK and got them from brakeparts.co.uk about £17 I think. I'm sure there must be some US brake part suppliers that will stock a piston of the correct size.
they ship to holland so they ship to the US also i think.

i got mine one week ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts