BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like my front brake rotors are wearing a bit thin. I want to do a change out myself, since I've done them before on other cars. The dealer is quoting me 750.00 for rotors, labor, and pads. Should I take up the offer from the dealer or is there a cheaper alternative to replacing them with better than OEM rotors?

ATM, I'm running the Axxis Deluxe pads from Zeckhausen. Those were just installed 5-6 months ago. The dealer won't redo the rotors and reinstall those pads, so this is another reason why I'm considering doing the job myself.

I know, I should just drop the coin for some Brembos or Stoptech, but we'll be closing on a house within the next month or so.....so I need as much liquid cash available atm.

·
10,455 Posts
i would just replace the rotors yourself. Check around at various dealers, and perhaps the mail order dealers like pacific and crevier to see what kind of prices you can get the rotors for. If you can replace your own pads, you'll have no problem replacing your rotors, and at 5-6 mos old, your pads should be fine (unless you brake a lot!)
Mike

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
I've done business with Pacific and been very happy with their level of service and knowledge. I will be content with factory rotors and Axis Deluxe pads (I am VERY happy with those pads for street use.) I'm going to be due for this myself pretty soon, so please post part numbers and prices when you get them! Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts