BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A little over a two years ago I purchased an 02' E39. Not only was it incredible as a daily driver, but I also experienced one of the best days in my life in tracking the car at a local high-end motorsports park. Needless to say I also found how incredibly important this board was to an M owner, and through that learned a massive amount about the "misses" I made in my original purchase, what to look for in my next M car, as well as a ton of DIY help.

After selling the E39 and driving an X5 4.8is for the past year I was never satisfied. A few weeks ago I finally broke down and picked up and E60. Pics are below and its by far- the best car I have ever driven. While the new F10 has some awesome lines, I can't see parting with this for quite some time!

Attachments

Reactions: Thom5

·
Registered
328 Posts
Congrats and welcome back!!

Reactions: NCM5Guy

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Funny Stuff Colin- Enjoy the E53!

·
Registered
984 Posts
Hey Wallace,

I am looking at a 08 with just about all the options for $ 42,000.00 How much did you pay for yours? The one I am interested in is Grey with black interior and has 54,000 miles.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got mine for similar pricing with 10k less miles than the one your looking at. However, that's at wholesale pricing levels and it took quite some time to find. Similar optioned/ mileage vehicles were going for 50k plus locally.

In purchasing an e60 with over 50k miles your gonna pay a heafty premium for an extended warranty. And as you'll see all over this board- they are highly recommended.

Good luck with your search.

Reactions: WallyM5
1 - 7 of 7 Posts