BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the car last fall. To prepare for the summer, I treated my beast to some 35% tint. I didn't go with 20% because of the blue/black interior. Darker interiors generally allow you to away with a lighter shade while looking dark from the outside. However, it came out a bit lighter than anticipated. I'm thinking because the exterior is white (first white car I’ve every owned). I had 35% on my last car, which was black, and it looked pretty dark. But overall, I'm happy and she'll be cooler in the heat. Tint is always the first 'mod', if you will, to any car I buy for buy my wife and myself. Anyhow, here is the picture: (Canon 300D / Canon 50mm f/1.8 lens)

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,461 Posts
Alpine white is such a great color for the beast.. especially from the rear! I ended up going for a the darkest tint by legal means over here in Florida since it gets so hot. With the shadowline trim around the windows, dark tint looks really slick!
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hummm, that does look cool. Did you Paint or powdercoat?
I'm going to photoshop those wheels on my car tonight and see if I like the look.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
399 Posts
boostmiser said:
I purchased the car last fall. To prepare for the summer, I treated my beast to some 35% tint. I didn't go with 20% because of the blue/black interior. Darker interiors generally allow you to away with a lighter shade while looking dark from the outside. However, it came out a bit lighter than anticipated. I'm thinking because the exterior is white (first white car I’ve every owned). I had 35% on my last car, which was black, and it looked pretty dark. But overall, I'm happy and she'll be cooler in the heat. Tint is always the first 'mod', if you will, to any car I buy for buy my wife and myself. Anyhow, here is the picture: (Canon 300D / Canon 50mm f/1.8 lens)

I opted for black on black on black (note rear side blinds up create a darker appearance)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
doug said:
Awesome photo.... agree that Alpine White is a great color for the M5. It almost looks like a scale model.
Hey, you telling me my car looks like a toy? kidding....I thought the same thing when I looked at the picture. Does kind of look like a model. Thanks for the compliments.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
399 Posts
I luv white. My choice would be to have the impact strips painted white too !!

Congrats
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,412 Posts
Great looking beast. :thumbsup: White with the tint looks really stunning.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,078 Posts
White is a great color for the E39, my 540/6spd was Alpine white the tint really stands out on the white:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
691 Posts
boostmiser said:
Anyhow, here is the picture: (Canon 300D / Canon 50mm f/1.8 lens)
Sorry, off topic, but you gotta love Canon glass and what a great price for the 50mm f/1.8! Great lens, Kevin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
khiroshima said:
Sorry, off topic, but you gotta love Canon glass and what a great price for the 50mm f/1.8! Great lens, Kevin
Yes, for $75, it can't be beat. Many prefer the v.1 lens that has the metal base but you can only get them used.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
691 Posts
boostmiser said:
Yes, for $75, it can't be beat. Many prefer the v.1 lens that has the metal base but you can only get them used.
My friend prefers his 50mm f/1.4, but for the additional $$, I couldn't justify it. 1.8 is plenty for me and I usually back it of even from f/1.8 . . . Anyhow, nice shot! Kevin
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top