·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Thanks for the pics. Black gives the M5 a very menacing look.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
vndkshn said:
No kidding. I love the look of black cars, but they show every speck of dirt, and the smallest of scratches or other imperfection.
Blues aren't much better either, trust me.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Looks incredible especially in black.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Hooray - glad I changed from Silverstone to Black (which I did about one month ago) :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
THANKS FOR THE NICE PICS.

I still wonder why the car rides pretty high - why have BMW not made it a bit more lowered - to give it a more sporty look?
Funny enough the pics on the BMW site (Silverstone II) shows the car much lower - presentation/marketing wise I assume.
I wonder whether lowering the car would affect anything mechanical etc.

Cheers.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
ManikM5 said:

I still wonder why the car rides pretty high - why have BMW not made it a bit more lowered - to give it a more sporty look?
Funny enough the pics on the BMW site (Silverstone II) shows the car much lower - presentation/marketing wise I assume.

Cheers.
I can't believe BMW would misrepresent the car by showing a lowered car on their site. It's probably perspective or whatever, but if BMW mechanically altered the car from the production specs, they would be liable for a lawsuit.

If you lower the car, you'll decrease the suspension travel. Depending on the type of springs/shocks you substitute, the effect will vary. No doubt you will experience some deterioration in ride quality though. The real question is how much...

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
I have been to that dealer Snellers BMW (have some friends who live in Oldenzaal).

The car is for sale. You can see more pics at their website:

http://www.snellers.nl/

Just click on the link "vooraad auto's" at the bottom of the page :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
ManikM5 said:

Cheers.
I also thought that the car looked like it was sitting a bit high in the pictures, but after seeing the E60 M5 on the road I can tell you that it isn't actually as high as it appears. If I would be modding my E60 M5 I'd start with a new exhaust and some lowering on the suspension.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Ashok Arora said:
I have been to that dealer Snellers BMW (have some friends who live in Oldenzaal).

The car is for sale. You can see more pics at their website:

http://www.snellers.nl/

Just click on the link "vooraad auto's" at the bottom of the page :M5thumbs:

Hello Ashok,

Yes the car is from snellers, but snellers is not in Oldenzaal but in Deurningen, they have there BMW Benerink, i live near Oldenzaal :D
So it's nice to hear that you've friends there Ashok ;)

Beckhammania23

1 - 20 of 22 Posts