BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those so inclined. F1 resumes at Interlagos. Pole is Alonzo, followed by Montoya.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've noticed that Montoya (often overlooked) has been running well all year plaqued by mechanical and tactical problems, not withstanding, he is still worth more than they are paying him. He should go with BMW next year as the lead driver with Nick Heidfeld.

I don't know if this is possible but Montoya needs to be number one with the team not follow Kimi, a great driver as well. :M5launch:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Good for alonso! Youngest champion ever.

Too bad for kimi... I really think he is the best driver in F1 right now and will come in a close second in the championship despite having the worst luck of any driver this season. Oh well, maybe next year.

I think JPM is well content with McLaren Mercedes right now... besides, he has a contract with McLaren, he just recently departed Williams-BMW, and McLaren has a very solid team from the team principal all the way down to the peons in the pit crew. McLaren is a team with no issues regarding team orders or other internal drama, they're all business. They have two great drivers and will leave it to the best of the two to win... and I'm sure Juan Pablo and Kimi both know that. There's no conflict of interest here and there's no reason JPM needs to the be the lead driver on a another team. If anything, JPM's chances of a championship is better where he is at right now even if he is not the "lead" driver. McLaren is a very professional team that places no priority and special treatment favoring one driver over the other... unlike what some teams are doing. And good for McLaren for taking over the lead for constructors championship points with only 2 races to go. Hopefully their cars don't have any more gremlins for the remaining races.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Top banana is top banana! The red hat get the best. As far as team orders are concerned they're no different at McLaren that Ferrari. If you watched the race today you saw this in the conversation of the commentators.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts