BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How is your AM reception? Since I've got the upgrade, I noticed a couple of things. First, 610 (sports radio) doesn't dial in. It only manually tunes to 612. Also, the overall quality of AM reception has fallen drastically. It was overcast today and I couldn't pull in 610 nor 1060 (won't manually tune to this either). I listen to 610 somewhat frequently. Is it the radio or was something maybe not connected?

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
No problems noted- I don't listen as much anymore, now that I've got Sirius :), but there was two weeks after the radio upgrade and prior to Sirius when I was listening. I didn't notice a differenece.

My normal drive takes be from one area to another, and I didn't notice a change in where I had to switch.

Interestingly, I can't get sports radio either on 610...

:)

A

·
Registered
235 Posts
Why the heck do you care ??? That was the whole point of sirius ..

·
Registered
168 Posts
boostmiser said:
How is your AM reception? Since I've got the upgrade, I noticed a couple of things. First, 610 (sports radio) doesn't dial in. It only manually tunes to 612. Also, the overall quality of AM reception has fallen drastically. It was overcast today and I couldn't pull in 610 nor 1060 (won't manually tune to this either). I listen to 610 somewhat frequently. Is it the radio or was something maybe not connected?
You're in luck; there's a simple, quick solution to this tuning aberration. The dealer needs to set the radio's programming to US specs. They come set to European specs. I had the same problem when my radio was replaced. Took it back to the dealer and the SM corrected the settings in about 3 minutes. Other than this tuning miscue, I have had no other reception problems, AM or FM.

Now that my Sirius is installed, too, no complaints from me. Good luck. 5 Driver :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
5driver said:
You're in luck; there's a simple, quick solution to this tuning aberration. The dealer needs to set the radio's programming to US specs. They come set to European specs. I had the same problem when my radio was replaced. Took it back to the dealer and the SM corrected the settings in about 3 minutes. Other than this tuning miscue, I have had no other reception problems, AM or FM.

Now that my Sirius is installed, too, no complaints from me. Good luck. 5 Driver :M5thumbs:
Ahhh, I remember reading about that when someone (maybe you?) couldn't get Sirius to work properly. I'll give it a try...I think it's something I can do myself in the service mode...if I'm not mistaken.

Yes, that is the purpose of going Sirius but I won't be buying the module for a few months. So for now, I'm stuck with am/fm:noSMG:

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
boostmiser said:
Ahhh, I remember reading about that when someone (maybe you?) couldn't get Sirius to work properly. I'll give it a try...I think it's something I can do myself in the service mode...if I'm not mistaken.

Yes, that is the purpose of going Sirius but I won't be buying the module for a few months. So for now, I'm stuck with am/fm:noSMG:
Ahhh, now it makes sense- I couldn't see how you could have sirius without the radio being in USA mode...

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just changed it to USA mode. Perfect. Thanks all

For those that want to know how (taken from a prev. post)...

“Turn the radio on and immediately push and hold the SEL button for 5-10 seconds until the radio serial number is shown. Using the <> key scroll until you find the area mode- it may be in Europe or No area. Use the number keys to select USA, maybe #1 or 2. Turn off your radio.”.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts