BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,472 Posts
Just got back from the dealer. They installed:
Radio - 65-12-6-964-399
based on the service bulletin B65-209-04
Now I've got to get the Sirius module and I'm set...Very Exciting~
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
931 Posts
boostmiser said:
Just got back from the dealer. They installed:
Radio - 65-12-6-964-399
based on the service bulletin B65-209-04
Now I've got to get the Sirius module and I'm set...Very Exciting~
I also got my radio upgraded by the TSB. If I am not mistaken, if you have not already done so, and that is to upgrade the NAV Computer from the CD version to the DVD (Sirius ready) version.

LOL :M5rev:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
boostmiser ........................

boostmiser said:
Just got back from the dealer. They installed:
Radio - 65-12-6-964-399
based on the service bulletin B65-209-04
Now I've got to get the Sirius module and I'm set...Very Exciting~


Yes, that is the newest number for the part. That is the very same part the dealer installed into my car along with the necessary Sirius radio parts and it works 100% perfect ! :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,472 Posts
Anyone useing the Terk antenna?

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
340 Posts
Re: boostmiser ........................

FAST 5 said:
Yes, that is the newest number for the part. That is the very same part the dealer installed into my car along with the necessary Sirius radio parts and it works 100% perfect ! :cheers:
Dumb bunny question: where do I look for the radio part number 65 126 964 399? THe dealer just replaced mine and I have the DVD Nav. I may be hooked-up and ready to go...?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,398 Posts
Re: boostmiser ........................

dmccrary90025 said:
Dumb bunny question: where do I look for the radio part number 65 126 964 399? THe dealer just replaced mine and I have the DVD Nav. I may be hooked-up and ready to go...?
On the work order from the dealer- but to be sure you need to look on the actual radio. Radio is in the trunk, in the electronics 'rack'... sits closest to the floor and rear of the car.


It is the silver box in the tenth picture in this link: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49715&highlight=sirius


A
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
340 Posts
Re: boostmiser ........................

ard said:
On the work order from the dealer- but to be sure you need to look on the actual radio. Radio is in the trunk, in the electronics 'rack'... sits closest to the floor and rear of the car.


It is the silver box in the tenth picture in this link: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49715&highlight=sirius


A
thanks Ard. i see it now and know of this silver box. since I did not get a work order or other documentation from the dealer, I will take a good look at this. seems I am inching along here towards freedom with Sirius and no more std radio drivel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,398 Posts
Re: boostmiser ........................

dmccrary90025 said:
. since I did not get a work order or other documentation from the dealer
Just FYI- I always get everything documented- no matter how trivial it seems, and even if it is free. They touch any of my cars I get a piece of paper.

If anything happens down the road if it isn't documented it never happened.

Heck, I tell them DO NOT WASH, NOR VACUUM- and make sure it it on the work order. Sure I trust them....

:)

A
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
340 Posts
Re: boostmiser ........................

ard said:
Just FYI- I always get everything documented- no matter how trivial it seems, and even if it is free. They touch any of my cars I get a piece of paper.

If anything happens down the road if it isn't documented it never happened.

Heck, I tell them DO NOT WASH, NOR VACUUM- and make sure it it on the work order. Sure I trust them....

:)

A
Sounds like a good practice to me. I ask "DO NOT WASH" and get the sand paper treatment each and every time. now I have learned not to leave my car overnight. seems they like to "wash" it after it spends the night. maddening.
 
41 - 49 of 49 Posts
Top