BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
13,638 Posts

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I wonder how much power you could get by putting two of those in the intake and then the intake tornado?? Man, $200 total and my 2.0L Jetta could walk an M5! Best product ever... hmmm
:cheers:

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Fantastic Gustav! hiha

Is it a white bear on purpose to reduce the air intake temperature?? :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
Fantastic Gustav! hiha

Is it a white bear on purpose to reduce the air intake temperature?? :M5thumbs:
Group buy? hiha
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
24 Posts
Is it your "Discovery" motor that blew. Small World

SC'dKellenersM5 said:
and me, the idiot that spends all this money with discovery auto and thats all i needed to buy....MAN im stupid!
Hi SC'd KellenersM5

Just got a call today from an engineering company providing services to Discovery automotive. Apparently they have a severely damaged block sitting their from Discovery Automotive. Hope it's not yours. The cylinder walls are badly scored. Apparently the engine could not make normal compression. They called me for technical consultation to help understand what caused the failure. I told them that Bill ( Shadowman) and his gang are on their own and will receive no help from RMS. Particularly after they pirated all of our M5 and Z8 product. I'm not surprised with the result, I hope your not either. Or did Shadowman not notify the board of this new turn of events. At any rate, I'm sure Bill will dig deep and purchase his customer a new motor.
Not here to start trouble, just to publish the truth as I'm certain Bill would.

Heads up guys.
Osh Minelian

Phoenix2005

·
Registered
170 Posts
Re: Is it your "Discovery" motor that blew. Small World

phoenix2005 said:
Hi SC'd KellenersM5

Just got a call today from an engineering company providing services to Discovery automotive. Apparently they have a severely damaged block sitting their from Discovery Automotive. Hope it's not yours. The cylinder walls are badly scored. Apparently the engine could not make normal compression. They called me for technical consultation to help understand what caused the failure. I told them that Bill ( Shadowman) and his gang are on their own and will receive no help from RMS. Particularly after they pirated all of our M5 and Z8 product. I'm not surprised with the result, I hope your not either. Or did Shadowman not notify the board of this new turn of events. At any rate, I'm sure Bill will dig deep and purchase his customer a new motor.

Heads up guys.
Osh Minelian

Phoenix2005

Yeah - and this from the famous Mr. Zip Tie engineer. Whats wrong Osh - bitter? I'll believe it when I see it - you have severely damaged credibility around here sir.

·
Registered
784 Posts

phoenix2005 said:
Hi SC'd KellenersM5

Heads up guys.
Osh Minelian

Phoenix2005

Osh:

Thank you for all your most sincere concerns for the board members. The fact that you were called by ?? attemting to gather information is interesting. If asistance from you was deisred I would have contacted you directly however I was not aware that M5 motors were are area that you were familar with.

Rather than submitting an entirely new answer I have simply pasted from one that I posted on an other thread earlier today.

Take care Osh.....

Wow.......what a way to begin my day.

First of all thank you all for your comments and support. There was entirely too much time and energy spent many months ago with regards to less than honorable activities with certain tuner shops. I have attempted to remain active, answer questions, and even more importantly set the pace for what the face of the future tuner business should look like.

Having shared this let me assure you that;

First of all there is no motor in Wisconsin.

Secondly that no motor blew

What I did have was a motor that was dropping cylinders during the initial warm up............at first the assumption was that since we used Iridium plugs that were colder than OEM we were simply experiencing an oil/fuel fouled situation. The cylinders were cleaned, fresh plugs installed and the gal fired and ran fine....however again a couple holes started to drop. At this point I started looking in other directions and ultimately called and chatted with 4 folks to use them as a sounding board. We thought that maybe we had simply over looked something during the various machining, assembly, or ? processes.....heads, block, etc. It was suggested that I not pull the motor yet that it was to early in the trouble shooting phase however I elected to pull the motor if for no other reason than for piece of mind. Once pulled and disassembled I found that the rings on a couple cylinders simply did not seal......why, we may never know. It was after this that I spoke the folks in Wisconsin, they did the block preparation. They in turn called Arias to verify compatibility between their coating process and the Arias furnished rings........

I never blamed anybody involved with the project…..I have been down this road before and sometimes during the course of building a motor there is an opportunity that needs to be addressed. Certainly I am disappointed because I would have enjoyed nothing more than to fire them, go though the warm up routines, and then complete the secondary assemblies. This my friends is why the motors are fired, warmed up, and thoroughly checked before buttoning up the project.

Now here is the part that I find interesting;.

I emailed the customer and shared that a concern was being dealt with. In fact I shared that I was a bit frustrated but that I would get a handle on the situation. Then within hours of having the motor apart and the situation was understood I called him directly. In fact I caught him as he was just beginning his day. There were to be no surprises. I photograph and communicate with these folks through every stage of their project. Then on top of this I shared that only 4 people were chatted with regards to the situation and then the facility in SoCal somehow gets wind of what is going on and uses the information to open a thread in a way that can be construed as self serving. I should not be surprised however I am………..

The projects that we are blessed to be apart of are all looked upon and dealt with as if they were my own. This was the reason I pulled the motor to inspect it rather than wait or assume anything. These customers and their cars mean an awful lot to me. These folks know only too well that I burn the candle for ridiculous lengths of time because I care, not simply because I want them completed.

As for the quality of my workmanship and my associated representations. It is and they are as stated, simply the finest. And lastly, the reason the facility in SoCal was never mentioned in the articles was because their workmanship and business practices were less than acceptable to me……not that they did not materially participate at one time. This was fully disclosed in many of my earlier post and conversations with individuals such as you. I use numerous sub contractors and those deemed worthy were in fact mentioned.

Thanks folks.

Shadowman

·
Registered
12,865 Posts

shadowman said:
Osh:

If asistance from you was deisred I would have contacted you directly however I was not aware that M5 motors were are area that you were familar with.
ROTFLMAO hiha hiha hiha
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
actually osh..i would believe that the block sitting in Wisconson is the block out of bryans car or should i say abdullas car that you ripped out and jammed into bryans car that blew up during the C&D test...

so really you know why the engine block is in wisconson...as for why they called you on a "consultation call" I have no idea, considering you are the mastermind behind it

·
Registered
842 Posts

phoenix2005 said:
Hi SC'd KellenersM5

Heads up guys.
Osh Minelian

Phoenix2005

Osh:

You're not here to start trouble? That is the only thing you are intending to do. Please go away and leave us alone. You're version of the truth is never accurate and you never stick around to clean up the trouble you start. Go away. Just please go away.

Derek

·
Registered
24 Posts

shadowman said:
Osh:

Thank you for all your most sincere concerns for the board members. The fact that you were called by ?? attemting to gather information is interesting. If asistance from you was deisred I would have contacted you directly however I was not aware that M5 motors were are area that you were familar with.

Rather than submitting an entirely new answer I have simply pasted from one that I posted on an other thread earlier today.

Take care Osh.....

Wow.......what a way to begin my day.

First of all thank you all for your comments and support. There was entirely too much time and energy spent many months ago with regards to less than honorable activities with certain tuner shops. I have attempted to remain active, answer questions, and even more importantly set the pace for what the face of the future tuner business should look like.

Having shared this let me assure you that;

First of all there is no motor in Wisconsin.

Secondly that no motor blew

What I did have was a motor that was dropping cylinders during the initial warm up............at first the assumption was that since we used Iridium plugs that were colder than OEM we were simply experiencing an oil/fuel fouled situation. The cylinders were cleaned, fresh plugs installed and the gal fired and ran fine....however again a couple holes started to drop. At this point I started looking in other directions and ultimately called and chatted with 4 folks to use them as a sounding board. We thought that maybe we had simply over looked something during the various machining, assembly, or ? processes.....heads, block, etc. It was suggested that I not pull the motor yet that it was to early in the trouble shooting phase however I elected to pull the motor if for no other reason than for piece of mind. Once pulled and disassembled I found that the rings on a couple cylinders simply did not seal......why, we may never know. It was after this that I spoke the folks in Wisconsin, they did the block preparation. They in turn called Arias to verify compatibility between their coating process and the Arias furnished rings........

I never blamed anybody involved with the project…..I have been down this road before and sometimes during the course of building a motor there is an opportunity that needs to be addressed. Certainly I am disappointed because I would have enjoyed nothing more than to fire them, go though the warm up routines, and then complete the secondary assemblies. This my friends is why the motors are fired, warmed up, and thoroughly checked before buttoning up the project.

Now here is the part that I find interesting;.

I emailed the customer and shared that a concern was being dealt with. In fact I shared that I was a bit frustrated but that I would get a handle on the situation. Then within hours of having the motor apart and the situation was understood I called him directly. In fact I caught him as he was just beginning his day. There were to be no surprises. I photograph and communicate with these folks through every stage of their project. Then on top of this I shared that only 4 people were chatted with regards to the situation and then the facility in SoCal somehow gets wind of what is going on and uses the information to open a thread in a way that can be construed as self serving. I should not be surprised however I am………..

The projects that we are blessed to be apart of are all looked upon and dealt with as if they were my own. This was the reason I pulled the motor to inspect it rather than wait or assume anything. These customers and their cars mean an awful lot to me. These folks know only too well that I burn the candle for ridiculous lengths of time because I care, not simply because I want them completed.

As for the quality of my workmanship and my associated representations. It is and they are as stated, simply the finest. And lastly, the reason the facility in SoCal was never mentioned in the articles was because their workmanship and business practices were less than acceptable to me……not that they did not materially participate at one time. This was fully disclosed in many of my earlier post and conversations with individuals such as you. I use numerous sub contractors and those deemed worthy were in fact mentioned.

Thanks folks.

Shadowman
Bill, I expect nothing less than a documentary response. Well done.

I have no qualms with you running a tuner shop. I just have a problem with the way you went about it. You know what I'm talking about here, let's be honest. You came in to help RMS and you found an opening to take advantage of us. That's what I'm pissed off about. Your passion for cars blinds you from being an honorable guy. Like a looter during a riot. You thought there was nothing more to gain in our relationship and you made off with the goods. You've done to others, you've done it me and you may even do it again. What amazes me is, as intelligent as you are, you fail to recognize the intellectual value of others and how it could help you accomplish your goals in living color.

I don't begrudge you the technical learning curve your going through with building the S62 motor. I could continue to challenge you with more facts and figures, but quite frankly, I'm tired of all this. It's not an easy task to do what your doing with this s62 project. You have a long way to go to catch up to the tuners world wide. You have the rap down, now you just need to figure out how to build the ball busting upgrades you want to be known for. Maybe you'll settle into making car jewelry, like wheels and bolt-on enhancements. Maybe you'll continue down the R&D path, as expensive and financially exhausting as I know it is, you may be able to harness the cash-flow and make it work.

We all have our strong points. You may not share your shortcomings here as you feel the board members expect you to know a great deal more than you do. I don't know if your ready for that level of humility. I have learned what I'm not good at through all this and I partly owe it to you. It takes what it takes to become the man we all strive to be. You are correct in saying I should not be running my own business. You said " OSH you belong in R&D" I believed this when I gave you the key to RMS. Still today, if I could regain my trust in somebody to run it, I would.

You gain some pretty respectable notoriety here. Now it's time to fill shoes.

Good Luck

Osh

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
SC'dKellenersM5 said:
I needed a few hours to think about the situation as it currently stands. Never in my life have I delt with such unbelieveable wrecklessness in a business sense.

Never in my life have I seen, heard nor personally delt with a company and most importantly a President/CEO/ or whatever-title one would like to apply that acts as this. Wait, I lied; Hennessey out there in Houston followed the same style of deception.

I am ashamed of myself for even thinking of a reconciliation before as it nearly cost me my friendship with multiple persons involved in the Discovery Automotive Family. Those persons are the zenith of quality, INTEGRITY!, and an all around business model that should be followed.

Bill is a wonderful mechanic (mechanic meaning so many things) as well as all of his associates for D/A.

While I do not hold a grudge against all those at RMS (as i do not know all)...The unethical leadership there should be considered among the likes of Enron, Tyco and all the other major companies that were found to have swindled, imbezzled, stole, and flat out lied to both their customers and to me..almost more important, your own F'n employees.
look up the word Criminal in any english thesarus

criminal (n.)
crook
lawbreaker
villain
felon
offender

By starting this post we all can see that the synonyms certainly fit.
I was so stupid to almost throw out a good thing...Im so happy that Family understands.

R.I.H!

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
shadowman said:
For everybody’s information the mystery engineer that Osh spoke with yesterday was actually Scott at US Chrome, a great guy that truly cares. In fact Scott called him not knowing the relationship between Discovery Automotive and the facility in SoCal, in this case the lack thereof. The only reason he called Osh is because he had been lead to believe that he had experience with the use of plated big bore BMW blocks. Scott and I have simply been gathering as much data as possible.

Scott, shared that it was very quickly in to the conversation with Osh when he became aware that we do not have a good working relationship and that Osh was not prepared to offer any advise; in fact just the opposite…………

What was even more important was the fact that Scott became aware that regardless Osh has no experience with the build of these motor’s therefore he could not have offered quality assistance.

There is no doubt that these cars are pushing the performance envelope…..but it has been a well thought out and executed plan supported by only the “best of the best”. The best people committed to the project and the best pieces and machining practices have been used to bring it all together.

As I shared earlier….certainly we remain disappointed that we have cylinder sealing concern to correct… however, everyone involved including Scott @ US Chrome, Tom @ Arias, etc. remain comfortable and convinced that this was simply one of things that happens from time to time. Nothing went bang...... we simply have some oil where it does not belong.........

Soon, very soon these will become the BAD BOYS in the neighborhood………maybe roaming through yours.

In the meantime we will forge ahead, take care of this little glitch, and when time permits I will reflect back on this thread and wonder why it was ever started……….. all the time knowing the answer……..it is too bad and ultimately very sad.

Best regards,

Shadowman

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
I wonder if Osh would install a DSC like this on his or family's car! What a disgrace and loosy job

Anyone want to lip serve please raise your hand ?

Sorry but it seems there arent any raised hands in here cuz we are frankly tired of your

It amazes me how low your IQ is!!! Dont you get it ?? You are not welcomed here and i advice you to hide underneath the stone you came out from.

I need to correct myself, infact your IQ is pretty high cuz you manged to fool all of us in making dream rocket M5s which never would be. Not even ONE! NOW BEAT IT and DONT WASTE OUR TIME IN READING YOUR BS.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts