BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
02' Carbon Black M5 & 11' Alpine White 335D M Sport
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I have to replace the HVAC blower as the bearings are dry and making crickets in my dashboard :Thumbdown:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
http://www.bmwtips.com/tipsntricks/AC/smell.htm<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>
I looked at the above and it seems for the E39 you have to drill holes into the case, not to fond of drilling into a $500 piece of plastic and risk drilling into the Evaporator :eek:h: so I’m hoping access is easy while I have the blower out anyways..<o:p></o:p>

·
Registered
02' Carbon Black M5 & 11' Alpine White 335D M Sport
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump...

Anyone have any info?

·
Registered
10,640 Posts
Problem is the mold seems to live on the inside part. I tried just blasting several doses down and letting the fan blow it into the rads, no help. Drilled my hole and did it from inside and had a huge improvement. I did not drill the big hole just a little one and used the top and tube off a WD 40 can, put it on the Lysol can. I did it from both sides.

·
Registered
539 Posts
You may do well with calling ServPro to get things taken care of. They can let an ionizer run in the car for a couple hours. Make sure to apply some dressing on door seals and other rubber items in the car after as ionization does promote deterioration of rubber, if I recall correctly. Some may disprove me on this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts