BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

81 - 100 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
E34 M5 3.6 ecu

Fairly sure I have a good spare ECU for the 3.6 engine/car should anyone be stuck.
I will go in shed and edit to show part number but I am about 95% certain.

·
Registered
570 Posts
UK parts for E34 M5 3.8

Just a heads up for you guys in the uk. Im having a clear out of parts from my old E34 M5 3.8 and will be putting the parts on Ebay later. I had an Avus blue 1993 3.8 and all the parts have been stored for all this time. Parts include Engine wiring loom, Air Accumulator/Plenum, Catalytic converter, Original side skirts in Avus blue, front and rear bumpers and doors.
If anyone is interested drop me a PM and ill send pics of what i have.cherrsagai

·
Registered
105 Posts
E34 m5 parts

message for the UK chaps, i have a perfect exhaust and cats , set of headlights and a 3.6 manifold all avaliable, pics upon request open to offers.

kindest regards

Mpowersurge

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey guys, going to view this 3.8 tomorrow, wondering if anyone has any information on the vehicle or has any advice for the inspection. Sounds like the current owner has resprayed most of the car, and spruced up the interior. Says it is mechanically sound but has only been driven about 500miles in the last year or so:

1993 BMW M5 BLUE NURBURGRING MODEL | eBay

Also trying to line up a viewing for this one but more interested in the 3.8:
1991 BMW M5 3.6 M1 315BHP | eBay

Cheers

·
10,445 Posts
Hey guys, going to view this 3.8 tomorrow, wondering if anyone has any information on the vehicle or has any advice for the inspection. Sounds like the current owner has resprayed most of the car, and spruced up the interior. Says it is mechanically sound but has only been driven about 500miles in the last year or so:

1993 BMW M5 BLUE NURBURGRING MODEL | eBay

Also trying to line up a viewing for this one but more interested in the 3.8:
1991 BMW M5 3.6 M1 315BHP | eBay

Cheers
3.8 looks nice in pics, and seems cheap given the milage. Try to get it up in the air to check for rust behind the sill covers.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Hi! Please look at the car with very open eyes. He describes his car as one of the better examples, which it might be, but at £6950 ?? One of the better examples would usually start around £12k. There is something that needs doing and I would be hugely surprised if a considerable amount of hidden body/paint work didn't need addressing.

I thought my 1994 registered (built in Oct 1993) was in good nick 2 years ago. £30 k later I know it is.

Just my tupence.

:cheers:

ralph (vadas1)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey guys, just back from my viewing. I loved the car, it looked even better in person and felt great to sit in. The seller was also a very nice guy who has many cars (2 NSXs in the garage among a few others) and is somewhat of an enthusiast. It is very tempting especially around the auction start price. However, I think I will pass or possibly put in a low bid. There are a few small niggles and question marks about the car. The current owner has only put about 500miles on it in 18months which is believable given his vast car collection but I worry I could drive it 1000miles in the next month and have something fail. Small things like the airbag light was on, drivers electric window didn't work on the first few trys, rear seats had been taken out for cleaning and weren't reattached properly, engine covers had been repainted and there were a few small spots of rust in various places around the body. Other than that it is in great condition and it felt really smooth and tight on our short test drive (me as passenger), very straight braking.

Lastly, because of the engine and gearbox swap I really wanted to see a rock solid invoice trail covering the work, which he didn't have, other than the previous owners write up for the auction sale, where he bought the car. I also didn't see the invoice for the rear EDC work. The engine was replaced many years ago but a paper trail would be nice. I seen the logbook for the engine but not the car. He says he has the chassis logbook and other paperwork somewhere but I didn't see it on my quick look today. The car itself is great, I just wish there was a rock solid paper trail to match. Note: There were a huge amount of invoices prior to 2005, nothing after that - either located with the car's logbook or they don't exist

It's not far from you vadas and could be a real good purchase. I've been looking at a few e39's and e46's recently and it is in better condition than most of those. I just don't think I can take the risk right now on what is probably a very sound car. HPI is clear and it has only had 4 owners.
Owner has done his own servicing on the car and the oil looked very fresh, I would just prefer a nice stamp from Munich Legends or similar.

·
Registered
151 Posts
It is somewhat disheartening that every E34 M5 buyer wants service history with invoices for at least the price of the car in the recent 4 years, otherwise they steer away from the car.
Dear buyers, although I am not a seller, as a current owner and a former buyer I would tell you the following:
No matter how much service history the car has, you WILL have to replace a fair bit of parts for the car to be somewhat reliable. Be prepared to spend 20-40% of the car's sell price for spare parts and misc consumables for it to be roadworthy to the point where you drive her confidently above the 4K rev/min (where the car really shines).
Everything else is a large compromise with the ///M letter.

Mfg

·
10,445 Posts
It is somewhat disheartening that every E34 M5 buyer wants service history with invoices for at least the price of the car in the recent 4 years, otherwise they steer away from the car.
Dear buyers, although I am not a seller, as a current owner and a former buyer I would tell you the following:
No matter how much service history the car has, you WILL have to replace a fair bit of parts for the car to be somewhat reliable. Be prepared to spend 20-40% of the car's sell price for spare parts and misc consumables for it to be roadworthy to the point where you drive her confidently above the 4K rev/min (where the car really shines).
Everything else is a large compromise with the ///M letter.

Mfg
I think the above buyer is just trying to document a supposed engine replacement and new-ish edc. If someone says a car had new edc, but couldn't come up with a receipt, why would i assume the edc is actually new. That is a pretty big dollar part, so unless the car is dirt cheap, yeah, i'd want to see proof of a seller's claims. Not that you assume once it's done, its done. You just want the reassurance that it was actually done!

·
Registered
113 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
PM

Hi, if you send me a message pls include your email. i currently can't send pm because i haven't posted enough yet...

cheers

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hi there,

I am selling a S38B38 ECU (known to be working), B38 coils (5 of them), B36 camshafts and alternator (working!)

All in perfect condition.

paulomoutinhoneves @ gmail.com

81 - 100 of 162 Posts