BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

61 - 80 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Alright, gents. We're at 18 votes in the affirmative. Not that many compared to the total forum membership. So how do we move this issue over the finish line? If a separate thread is started with something like "Who's in favor of a dedicated For Sale/WTB section" and keep it alive with bumps, etc. will that upset the moderators and get me/us thrown in forum jail or worse? I'd really like to get this done, and it sounds like many others do, too.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yes please. I presently don't post e34 M5 parts on this forum because there isn't a good place to, which is a shame.

·
10,445 Posts
It's unlikely guys. The thinking is if e34 board gets one, then other (i.e. more active) boards will want one, and it seems the powers that be do not one a for sale page for every generation individually.

·
Registered
502 Posts
It's unlikely guys. The thinking is if e34 board gets one, then other (i.e. more active) boards will want one, and it seems the powers that be do not one a for sale page for every generation individually.
Well, you can't argue with the logic of this, but the powers that be could certainly establish a policy of "WTB/FS" sections only for models 20 years and older.

·
10,445 Posts
no argument from me. I'd love to see it happen. Honestly, i don't see what the problem would be with a for sale section associated with each generation. Not much cross shopping going on really. I honestly can say i hardly ever look at m5board's for sale section (theres so few e34 items buried in hundreds of e39/e60 stuff), but look at bimmerforums e34 for sale section at least daily(and have made several purchases). Seems like a missed opportunity for a parts advertiser etc.... but it's not my board, and i really don't have any knowledge of what it really takes/costs to have yet another 'page' associated with the forum.

·
10,445 Posts
Would anyone object to using the Group Buy page as a for sale page? We don't seem to have any active e34 vendors, and this would be a good option.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Good idea! Perhaps this is the solution. I matters not how it's labeled as long as we all know it's there for this and other purposes. If it turns out to be successful maybe the board administrators will take note and agree to set up a separate section.

·
10,445 Posts
It's been approved by the admin to give it a try. We'll monitor it and as long as things don't get out of hand that can be the 'for sale' page.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I find it quite obnoxious that the Mod who created this thread hasn't taken the care to respond to any single post in this 8 page long thread.

·
10,445 Posts
I find it quite obnoxious that the Mod who created this thread hasn't taken the care to respond to any single post in this 8 page long thread.
the mod who created this thread used to own m5board.com, but is no longer involved here. If you look one post above yours, you'll see my answer to the thread, which is probably why there's been no more posts.

We're a relatively small well behaved group, and it's fine to post for sale stuff, preferably in the group buy thread. If it starts to get messy here, posts will end up getting moved there.

61 - 80 of 162 Posts