BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a growing error in postign items and cars for sale i nthe main E34 M5 forum. This is not accepted and will be moved or deleted.

·
Registered
108 Posts
someone needs to separate the fs section into categories such as e28 e34 e39 e60, there are a lot more e39 and e60 parts for sale than there are for e28 and e34 so for us e34 owners it is too time consuming to pick through 100 ads just to find one or two for our cars

·
10,445 Posts
i agree that it's nice to see ad's in the main e34 section. Or perhaps do what bimmerforums does and have a separate e34 classifieds.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Its been like 6months from my lost time here and i see that it didn't change much .....no help at all for e34 owners
WOW

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have seen a growing error in postign items and cars for sale i nthe main E34 M5 forum. This is not accepted and will be moved or deleted.
Why? Is there some kind of legal problem with having a For sale/wanted section for each designation of car on the car's specific forum?

·
Registered
891 Posts
Gustav please, do not ignore this problem anymore now. The FS and WTD section of the m5board.com has grown too big, and it is totally dominated by the newer, i.e mass produced ( :hihi: ) M5s only. This is a big problem for us who like to sell and buy E28/E34 parts or vehicles. We cannot reach out to potential buyers because our adverts soon disappear in the big crowd of E39 and E60 items and people dont like to search tens of pages when they look for parts. That is the reason why you start see those adverts appearing in here instead. The classic M5s have been neglected too long now. It's time to move a FS section into the E28 and E34 forums (preferably as a new section under the already existing Group Buy) or simply create a "Classic M5" FS section right under the normal sell and buy on the main forum. It would certainly make the forum a better place and easier for newcomers to navigate and find what they are looking for.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Gustav please, do not ignore this problem anymore now. The FS and WTD section of the m5board.com has grown too big, and it is totally dominated by the newer, i.e mass produced ( :hihi: ) M5s only. This is a big problem for us who like to sell and buy E28/E34 parts or vehicles. We cannot reach out to potential buyers because our adverts soon disappear in the big crowd of E39 and E60 items and people dont like to search tens of pages when they look for parts. That is the reason why you start see those adverts appearing in here instead. The classic M5s have been neglected too long now. It's time to move a FS section into the E28 and E34 forums (preferably as a new section under the already existing Group Buy) or simply create a "Classic M5" FS section right under the normal sell and buy on the main forum. It would certainly make the forum a better place and easier for newcomers to navigate and find what they are looking for.
You know you can go to "Advanced Search" and search only for ads with "E34 For Sale" in the prefix, right?

Shiny Side Up!
Bill

·
2,940 Posts
I fully agree.

·
2,940 Posts
You know you can go to "Advanced Search" and search only for ads with "E34 For Sale" in the prefix, right?
My personal opinion:

Yes, but then you need tags to get a good overview; or create subforums. At least I am not a person that likes to spend hours in finding out how tools and applications work that are non-intuitive. Then I get frustrated and avoid using such tools at all, hence why my mobile phone still is the good old trusted Nokia 6310i and I prefer Nikon over Sony and Marantz over Denon.

·
2,940 Posts
Hi Raymond.

Could we not have an 'E34 parts for sale' thread as a sticky? This would seem to address most of the issues raised in this thread.
Hi Dan,

I will take that up with Gustav and see if that doesn't conflict with forum-policy.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Hi Raymond.

Could we not have an 'E34 parts for sale' thread as a sticky? This would seem to address most of the issues raised in this thread.
+1

·
Registered
332 Posts
I'm another plus one for this- maybe a thread/sub-forum could be self-pruning or self-deleting with posts automatically getting deleted after 2 or 3 months to avoid congestion- most other forums have this facility now.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Voting again in favor changing this policy. Seems like there is a strong desire by forum members and a real need to provide a better way to help our dwindling numbers buy and sell cars and parts. As as been stated before, there are so few E34 M5 items for sale that it's a real challene sorting through the For Sale section, one that is so tedious it's easy to just quit after just a few minutes of searching. Could we at least put the issue to a vote just to see where the majority stands?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Now that one year has past since the last post on this thread I thought it was time to once again ask if the rule about posting for sale items on the board could be modified. So once again I ask:

Could we at least put the issue to a vote just to see where the majority stands?<!-- google_ad_section_end --> <!-- / message --><!-- google_ad_section_end -->

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
While I agree that a dedicated For Sale/Wanted sticky in here would be good, it's not really too difficult to use the advanced search feature and select the E34 prefix is it?

1 - 20 of 162 Posts