BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
E39 BMW M5 Engine. Approximately 10k original miles. ECU and harness included. Flywheel, but no clutch.

Acquired years ago by Dan Jesel of Jesel Valvetrain out of a rear end total. Intended to drop it into a 740, but determined the electronics would make the project too difficult. Other plans included an e46 M3 install, but that project never materialized either.

Stored in a climate controlled warehouse since it was purchased.

Likely the lowest mileage complete E39 M5 engine currently for sale anywhere.

$9,750 OBO.

Freight shipping is included inside the lower 48.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

·
Registered
846 Posts
WOW just look at all that New New! Insanely nice piece here, especially since it was stored in a climate controlled environment for that long. You should have zero issues here, I just saw an ad in the most recent Roundel for a gentleman who's from Seattle that has supposedly the last E39 M5 delivered to the Seattle area, and it has 10K miles only. He wants 99 GRAND for that car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WOW just look at all that New New! Insanely nice piece here, especially since it was stored in a climate controlled environment for that long. You should have zero issues here, I just saw an ad in the most recent Roundel for a gentleman who's from Seattle that has supposedly the last E39 M5 delivered to the Seattle area, and it has 10K miles only. He wants 99 G
I appreciate the heads up. Might list it in Roundel if I don't see much interest online. We'll see!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any documentation verifying the miles?
We’re still in contact with the first owner, who we bought the car from after the accident. He believes it had less than 10k miles on it when it was wrecked. That’s his claim, but none of our documents list mileage, so I can’t confirm that.

However, we bought the car for the engine and sold the wrecked body to a gentleman who thought it would make a good project. He got it back on the road a year later and registered it with 12,125 on the odometer according to Carfax. So, less than 12,125 is all I can 100% confirm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts