1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
100,000 miles
$23,500
Located in NY

Purchased this car 2 years ago with 92,000 miles on it and have babied it since. Only went above 7,000 RPM for a second. Never engaged M mode under my ownership. Mainly highway miles.

At 71,000 miles, the clutch position sensor was replaced at the dealership.
At 75,500 miles, in July '14, the car underwent a serious repair at the dealership. It was towed in after a rough idle and they found worn con rod bearings and crankshaft bearings, with metal flakes in the oil. The following was done at the dealership (reason I bought this vehicle):

Replaced Short Engine
Replaced Vanos High Pressure Pump
Replaced all Vanos Solenoids
Replaced Alternator

At 90,189 miles, the car got a new clutch and new tires

When I took ownership at 91,983 miles I had new spark plugs put in it and had an indy shop (former BMW tech) look over the car. He told me it looked like the car had possibly been bumped from the back at some point as there was an aftermarket paint job and a rear parking sensor was out. The paint job is obvious as the front grille was painted and is coming off, there's also some paint chipped above the gas cap. A second indy shop confirmed that there was irregular glue/foam around the inside of the rear bumper and they didn't want to replace the parking sensor because of this. Clean title and vehicle report despite this.
In two years and 8,000 miles, the parking sensor is the only light I've gotten. I replaced the power steering pump at 93,000 miles.

A couple small issues to disclose other than what I put above: There is light steering wheel vibration at 40 mph and a heavier vibration at 70 mph. I've yet to get the wheels road forced balanced, so I'm not sure what is causing it. The car will come with a brand new OEM rear rim ($850)

The rear driver side shock is shot. The car will come with a lightly used OEM shock.

The door speakers and volume knob are kind of shot. Volume works fine via steering wheel.
The front splash guard is missing. I garage kept it and avoided wet weather.

·
Registered
51 Posts
How was the car “babied” under your ownership yet it has all those problems and you took it to two different “Indy” shops while you had it? No consistency. Are you going to replace the rear shock and change the from suspension arms to stop the shake?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The first indy shop was to have the car looked at when I first bought the car to give it an assessment and get it tuned up (oil change, plugs, differential oil, fluids, tire pressure sensor monitor) The second indy was just to put in the power steering pump that was starting to go bad. The car was babied in terms of the RPM range I operate it in (cruise at 2k-3k rpm and shift at 4k-7k rpm).

Yes, I'll eventually get the rear shock replaced and see if a road force balance will do it. If not, I will buy another front rim if one of them if bent.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
All paperwork of repairs above included. Approximately $45,000 worth of receipts, but only spent a couple hundred dollars in the past 2 years. Receipt for the new engine is attached.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts