BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is time to part with my beast, a beloved 2006 E63 M6 with full Dinan S3 package including 5.7L stroker motor. I am the 4th owner, purchasing from a personal friend back in 2013. I have put <5,000 miles on the M6 over the past 7 years - current mileage is 52,845.

This beast has a storied history, being the development vehicle for Steve Dinan and production number one for the full S3 package. Road & Track reviewed (and road test) this car upon release, as did European Car and Luxury & Exotic magazines. Follow the Dropbox link below for copies.

Steve and his team modified this M6 at his Dinan Engineering Morgan Hill facility in California over a 13 month period (pictures during modification in Drobox link). The M6 is currently located in Columbus, OH and serviced by The Toy Barn (a Dinan certified service center).

Technical details

VIN: WBSEH93446B798008
Exterior is Silbergrau Metallic (Silver)
Interior is black leather with the carbon fiber package
WeissLicht LED angel eye headlights; Bimmian interior LED lighting
7-speed SMG-III transmission

Dinan S3 engine modifications -
  • Forged one-piece billet crankshaft
  • Forged aluminum pistons, lightweight connecting rods, upgraded bearings
  • High-flow carbon fiber intake assemblies with larger integrated air mass meters
  • 13% underdrive pulley
  • Stainless steel free-flow exhaust – the sound of an F1 race car! (check out vid)
  • Larger individual throttle bodies
  • 3.91 limited slip differential
  • Dinan Stage 3 software
  • 5.7L V-10 with 8,400 rpm redline
  • Dyno'ed at 655hp on 93 octane fuel (according to Dinan)
Dinan S3 suspension modifications -
  • Carbon fiber strut and shock tower braces
  • Performance spring set (front and rear)
  • Front roll control system
  • Larger, adjustable rear antiroll bar
  • Adjustable mono-ball lower control arm bearings
  • Camber / caster plates
  • A-arm spherical bearings
  • Brembo 6-piston monoblock calipers with 15” two-piece slotted rotors (front)
  • Brembo 4-piston aluminum calipers with 15” two-piece slotted rotors (rear)
  • Dinan 19” Lightweight Forged wheels

Stunningly fast, fantastic to drive. Interior and exterior are near perfect condition. Never driven outside of sunny days from point A to point A.

The driver side interior door panel has a blemish, there are very slight paint cracks near trunk latches, and the side mirrors do not fold (adjust just fine). High resolution pics in Dropbox show this.

This is a beautiful collector car with a storied history. Follow this Dropbox link for more pictures, videos, publications, and all service records.

Listing price $32,400 + shipping. Serious inquiries only please.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nice car. I sold my s3 low mile m5 for almost double recently. Good price glws!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Below is a link to the road test of my M6 by Road & Track in October 2008. You will notice the addition of a new front spoiler since the road test. The rear tires have since been replaced :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For the record, this vehicle has never been in an accident - the car was not rear ended as @wxq99 implies. I had both MAG BMW and the Toy Barn (certified DINAN dealer) perform thorough inspection of the car before I purchased in 2013. The trunk lid is aftermarket, as is the front spoiler - both installed to increase aerodynamic downforce. The lid has hairline cracks near the hinges (as shown in the pictures), as the design of the hinge places mild stress on that area - this is according to the good folks at the Toy Barn in Dublin, OH where my car is serviced.

Happy to facilitate PPI for any interested party.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks for the clarification and clean up. I was about to delete what I have posted. Hopely it will find a new owner who appreciate the value and history of the car.

·
Registered
2009 BMW E63 M6, Sapphire Black
118 Posts
very cool. out of room in the garage! good luck with the sale!

Reactions: jvanhorne

·
Registered
64 Posts
Are you interested in any possible trades and cash? I have a BSM 07 M6 Same build to the T. I had a small accident wiped some front end off my car but.. Yours is a gem. I have quite a few M cars you may like

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@SpookM3 Not looking to trade at this time, I am eliminating all 500hp+ vehicles from my garage. My twin boys start driving in 5 months, honestly do not want my Beast in the same zip code when they start driving.

Thanks for the offer!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is time to part with my beast, a beloved 2006 E63 M6 with full Dinan S3 package including 5.7L stroker motor. I am the 4th owner, purchasing from a personal friend back in 2013. I have put <5,000 miles on the M6 over the past 7 years - current mileage is 52,845.

This beast has a storied history, being the development vehicle for Steve Dinan and production number one for the full S3 package. Road & Track reviewed (and road test) this car upon release, as did European Car and Luxury & Exotic magazines. Follow the Dropbox link below for copies.

Steve and his team modified this M6 at his Dinan Engineering Morgan Hill facility in California over a 13 month period (pictures during modification in Drobox link). The M6 is currently located in Columbus, OH and serviced by The Toy Barn (a Dinan certified service center).

Technical details

VIN: WBSEH93446B798008
Exterior is Silbergrau Metallic (Silver)
Interior is black leather with the carbon fiber package
WeissLicht LED angel eye headlights; Bimmian interior LED lighting
7-speed SMG-III transmission

Dinan S3 engine modifications -
  • Forged one-piece billet crankshaft
  • Forged aluminum pistons, lightweight connecting rods, upgraded bearings
  • High-flow carbon fiber intake assemblies with larger integrated air mass meters
  • 13% underdrive pulley
  • Stainless steel free-flow exhaust – the sound of an F1 race car! (check out vid)
  • Larger individual throttle bodies
  • 3.91 limited slip differential
  • Dinan Stage 3 software
  • 5.7L V-10 with 8,400 rpm redline
  • Dyno'ed at 655hp on 93 octane fuel (according to Dinan)
Dinan S3 suspension modifications -
  • Carbon fiber strut and shock tower braces
  • Performance spring set (front and rear)
  • Front roll control system
  • Larger, adjustable rear antiroll bar
  • Adjustable mono-ball lower control arm bearings
  • Camber / caster plates
  • A-arm spherical bearings
  • Brembo 6-piston monoblock calipers with 15” two-piece slotted rotors (front)
  • Brembo 4-piston aluminum calipers with 15” two-piece slotted rotors (rear)
  • Dinan 19” Lightweight Forged wheels
View attachment 939502

View attachment 939504

View attachment 939505

View attachment 939506

View attachment 939507

Stunningly fast, fantastic to drive. Interior and exterior are near perfect condition. Never driven outside of sunny days from point A to point A.

The driver side interior door panel has a blemish, there are very slight paint cracks near trunk latches, and the side mirrors do not fold (adjust just fine). High resolution pics in Dropbox show this.

This is a beautiful collector car with a storied history. Follow this Dropbox link for more pictures, videos, publications, and all service records.

Listing price $32,400 + shipping. Serious inquiries only please.
Hello, beautiful car. Where is it located ?
I'm in So. Cal. will it pass smog ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hello, beautiful car. Where is it located ?
I'm in So. Cal. will it pass smog ?
Thank you! The car is located in Columbus, OH. It was originally from the San Jose, CA area until 24,100 miles and passed smog. The M6 currently has <53k miles, catalytic converters typically wear out due to miles not age. I would not expect any issue passing CA smog testing, but can not be sure.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts