BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Individual 5er: I think banning EAG was a little harsh. Let me tell you why, At no time did Eric PM/ post message on this board to me about my car. I posted my email address on the initial listing, so he did in fact email me about the car (privately answering me).
Regarding EAG's buying the car off the board and selling it for a profit, an immediate ban was not necessary. A warning and explanation of the board's policy would have been appropriate.
In reply to the above quotes and the decision to ban, one can't just focus on this latest transgression.
One needs to check EAG's past history (search past posts) to understand that the infrastructure of this forum was in fact used by EAG for commercial gain.
Also, from Eric's responses, I sensed a sense of entitlement to just transact as he pleases on this forum and for us to just mind our own business and move on.
I'm sure Gustav had his reasons to make that call and I'm also sure that he would consider a reasonable request by Eric for re-instatement.
IMO.....EAG/Eric just needs to decide wether they want to act in the capacity of a business or private member on these boards.
One thing has been made very clear now; Classified transactions are strictly for personal consumption.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Book value is largely irrelevant with these cars. This car was sold for substantially less than market value. We don't know what EAG has spent prepping the car for sale (transport, fluid changes, detail, etc.), but the car is obviously worth more than the private seller was asking.

Regarding EAG's buying the car off the board and selling it for a profit, an immediate ban was not necessary. A warning and explanation of the board's policy would have been appropriate.

If you're in the market for an E39 M5, you want to have your financing etc. sorted out and be ready to jump on a deal such as this. It is not the responsibility of the seller to allow ten offers to come in and evaluate the intentions of each potential buyer. He wants to sell the car and move on. If you are interested, you contact the seller and make arrangements. Simple as that. A lesson learned for those of us in the market for an E39 M5.
Just to be the devils advocate...when you speak about having your finances in place....buying a vehicle across state lines is a bit trickier than just buying one in state. You may very well have all your little eggs in one basket but it will take at least 1 week to consumate the deal.
Especially if one is far from the state in question.
1st: Have the car inspected(at owners convenience)
2nd:In this particular case the owner did not have title so you have a third party involved....
3rd: Wait for funds to clear...though in this case they would clear quickly through the bank as they held the title.
So for the sake of this conversation, If One agreed on a Monday on the price.....arranged for a PPI at the earliest a Wednesday/Thursday. All checks out you then you contact the lender to get the paperwork in order.....fly/drive out....your into the following week anyway easy and that is with money in hand.
I would like to think that whomever is shopping for a car has the funds available...ready to go....if they don't why are they shopping...just my 2 cents.
As far as EAG...I don't like to see anyone get banned, unless they do something so egregious that they merit it. Obviously Gustav felt EAG violated some board rules re: the F/S section...if that is the case than that's the punishment.
As to the integrity of the the guy, plenty of people have stepped to the plate for him esp. Irish(Rich) who is a stand-up guy.
While only the seller & the guy who was the potential buyer know what transpired between them....everyone else is just speculating.
Here is a guy he wants/needs to sell something...he is having a firesale for his own personal reasons which are exactly that PERSONAL...NO ONE has the right to say Dude your just dumping the car and hurting prices....he is in a situation where the car needs to go...you want the car step to the plate and pay the man and its yours and you got a great deal...EVEN if you have to dump another 2/3 k into the car.
His car...his prerogative.
I would hope that this thread can now slowly die off. Sorry for your situation Trojan....it sucks!....
Regards
S

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Thanks for the compliment Sergio. I'm only basing my comments on my first hand experiences, nothing more. In fact, I'm doing work with EAG next week.

Most board members would be lucky to have such a good Indy local to them.

Richard...

...plenty of people have stepped to the plate for him esp. Irish(Rich) who is a stand-up guy...

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Thanks for the compliment Sergio. I'm only basing my comments on my first hand experiences, nothing more. In fact, I'm doing work with EAG next week.

Most board members would be lucky to have such a good Indy local to them.

Richard...
Hey Rich,
How bad can you be...you have an E36 M3 Track Rat!!!!....LMAO
Regards
S

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Members,

thanks for the discussion.

EAG was reported and I took a look at this post and this discussion, and not the history actually.

What I want is that EAG is transparent to the members that they are indeed a commercial company and not an Individual. I propose an advertising partnership and I asked what EAG where prepared to pay in order to be an advertiser. No reply as of now but I can be flexible when it comes to this type of companies that are ineed enthusiasts as well.

An advertiser could "simply" mean that they have a customer user title that says "Customer Representative for EAG" so it is 100% transparent that this Member is not a regular Member, it is a supporting company to the site and the Members and also that he can be trusted.

A company is not allowed to do commerce "undercover" on m5board.com: it s unfair and against the rules.

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
EAG is now signed up for a 6 month Advertiser Partner period, welcoem EAG!

I'll assume he wil chime in here as well and then we can close this thread :)

·
Company Representative for Enthusiast Auto
221 Posts
Well hasn't this been a fun thread?!? I hope now, in the end, everyone is happy.

We are now a Advertising Partner with M5Board :deal:

I want to thank those of you who know us and how we operate our business for your continued support. To all the other fellow M-Car nuts out there just becoming familiar with our operation, we welcome you to visit our website and see what we're all about. We started this business several years ago as a way to fuel our addiction to top quality M-Cars and have grown into the full service BMW facility we are today. We will be here when you need us and look forward to serving all of you and the greater M5Board community in the future.

Thanks!

www.EABMW.com

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Well hasn't this been a fun thread?!? I hope now, in the end, everyone is happy.

We are now a Advertising Partner with M5Board :deal:

I want to thank those of you who know us and how we operate our business for your continued support. To all the other fellow M-Car nuts out there just becoming familiar with our operation, we welcome you to visit our website and see what we're all about. We started this business several years ago as a way to fuel our addiction to top quality M-Cars and have grown into the full service BMW facility we are today. We will be here when you need us and look forward to serving all of you and the greater M5Board community in the future.

Thanks!

www.EABMW.com
Put the E34 Touring up for sale!!!...LOL

·
Registered
81 Posts
Not everyone is going to sign up for bimmerforums, m fest, bimmerfest, m5board, and EVERY OTHER board to dig through thousands of pages of for sale ads to find their m5. Hell, i'm not even sure you can look through here or post until you have 100 posts. some people just want their car of their dreams, not to entire into holy matrimony with a car forum.
Agree! Very well stated. Sometimes it seems that one must be all "PC" and step very lightly on forums, lest someone with suede BMW driving gloves gets offended and calls for banishment because he doesn't like your one-sided internet "tone". :typing:

Considering the unique E39 M, I would much rather part with a bit more cash at a reputable BIMRS indy than less cash with most private sellers. Moreover, I don't have the time or wherewithal to chase around all over the country looking for the perfect car, many of which will have a story or issues to sort and end up costing me anyway.

Whatever the product or service, the seller gets exactly what it's worth to the buyer- no more, no less. Otherwise, the buyer doesn't buy.

Here endeth the sermon. I wonder if I'll get banned. :cop:

·
Registered
81 Posts
BBuck... I'm not yet "mature" enough to send email or private messages.

Did you, by chance, buy that SG E39 M in late December 09? I was threatening to buy a car of that description from EAG, but didn't have my finances fully sorted yet. I figured I'd get back home after my Christmas jaunt, then buy the car. "Someone" walked up the next day and plunked down the cashola!

61 - 73 of 73 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.