BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've had this up before, but pending divorce is causing me to get rid of my M5 now. Don't really want to part with it, but rather sell it to somebody who would take care of it. Very clearn 2003 M5, just flipped 51K miles. Pretty much stock. It has a Super Spring x-pipe and exhaust. I also have the original exhaust as well. Short shifter installed. Very clean. The weather as of late has not been very cooperative, so the pictures are not the most recent. I will try to get some up soon. Just looking to get payoff (around $22-23K). I can get exact numbers for serious inquiries. Email me at [email protected].

I am the second owner. Purchased it from California after it came off lease from an exec at Yahoo with 29K miles. Had it shipped to Atlanta back in early 2007. I have most service records since I've had it. Nothing major. I had the clutch replaced after I got it at around 33K miles. I've had to have the drivers side headlight replaced. While driving on I-285 another Bimmer (X-5) kicked up a small piece of rubber tire, hit the headlight and cracked it. It was professionally replaced with OEM equipment and bumper cover was repainted, because of a small scratch when the rubber hit the light. Looks like nothing ever happened.

Just replaced all 4 tires a few weeks ago. Also has titanium pedals. Got them from Beastpower.com a few years ago right before the guy stopped making them.

Forgot to mention that it has a $500 ceramic tint job, very clean looking, not too dark, but not too light...

Attachments

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Wow! My '03 just turned 51k as well and I wouldn't even entertain the idea of letting it go that cheap. You should have yourself a quick sale! Good luck.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
More recent pictures

Here are some recent pictures from last night, not the best quality... It was getting dark out...

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Graffix. I'm looking forward to moving forward to moving on... I'm having sellers remorse already! I have a feeling I'll be back with an M5 in the future.

·
Registered
114 Posts
^ You could just buy it here for more: 2003 BMW M5 Manual Sedan ... of course the exhaust is now additional hmmm

I wonder if OP knew this would be the fate, not that it matters. This middle man fee is really jacking up the prices of these cars in general and is somewhat frustrating - I don't really see them as being 'Enthusiasts' by seemingly scrapping up all available E39s to artificially inflate pricing for those truly looking to appreciate them. Why can't they just stick to the dealer auctions? Only reason I mention it is I finally picked out a completely separate beast yesterday (private party deal) and lost it to these people today after putting a deposit down.... talk about bummed out. grrrrrrr

·
Company Representative for Enthusiast Auto
221 Posts
Don't be frustrated. We're reasonable.

<FONT color=black><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
www.EnthusiastAuto.com/comments<o:p></o:p>

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mposible, I just saw this as well on Autotrader. it is ridiculous......<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Always someone looking to wreck a perfectly good party!

Why would anyone pay more than book value for a car?

The second down turn is around the corner and I wouldn't want to have my cash reserves in 4 or 5 over priced e39 m5's.:dunno:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Mposible, I just saw this as well on Autotrader. it is ridiculous......ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
^ Don't worry they are reasonable.... and just think in less than one week they are able to put it through an extensive 'quality service circle' which includes removal of an aftermarket exhaust and installation of who knows how old stock system. All this for a mere 5k+ hmmm

Thanks for not making me feel crazy here.... :byebye:

Always someone looking to wreck a perfectly good party!

Why would anyone pay more than book value for a car?

The second down turn is around the corner and I wouldn't want to have my cash reserves in 4 or 5 over priced e39 m5's.:dunno:
+1 to you on my crazy comment. I am in agreement with you regarding book value; however, after actively searching for an E39 for a while, there seems to be a large quantity of deep pocket buyers looking to shell out on a 7+ year old vehicle, or at least this is what sellers have been telling me. :dunno:

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.