BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys,

I'm selling my M5. Why? Well, I've owned it for almost 2 years and have put less than 7,000 miles on it. It's a weekend car and not driven in the winter. As a prior E28 and E34 3.8 owner and car nut, it's pretty sad, I know. I love the car and stare at it constantly, but it's time to go. The car is covered and stored in my garage. Title in hand.

The M5 is titanium silver with Black/Grey Sport interior. 89,xxx miles. VIN - 1BZ97585

No accidents, no paintwork, clean carfax.

Factory Options: Window shades, Split folding rear seats, Park Distance Control front and rear, No M-Audio.

I have many records including the History printout and Warranty Vehicle Inquiry printout from BMW . Dealer maintained under warranty and dealer maintained at BMW Gallery of Norwell since the warranty expired in 2005. I have records of repairs/maintenance going back to the first oil change at 1,300 miles. Too much to list (new Cats, CPS, etc.) .... Dealer did Inspection 1 at 23k and Inspection 2 at 65k miles.

Recent repairs:

- New Clutch, Flywheel, Pilot Bearing, Rear Crankshaft seal, Transmission input seal at 68,305
- Ball joints, etc at 77,839
- Front Brakes/Discs/Sensors at 77,201
- Rear Brakes/Discs/Sensors at 85,102
- New OEM MAFS at 84,780
- O2 Sensors at 85,102
- New breather hoses
- New fuel filter
- Other regular maintenance stuff
- Summer and Winter mats

Mods:

- Shark Injector at 85,320
- ECS 15mm spacers on front wheels
- MagnaFlow mufflers (OEM mufflers included)

Good:

- No/Never any carbon build up codes
- Uses no oil between changes
- No missing IC pixels
- Drives great, solid and tight - needs nothing that I'm aware of
- Everything works (even the cup holders)
- Updated NAV firmware
- Overall interior looks like a 30k car (see below)
- Overall exterior looks like a 60k car (see below)

Bad:

- Paint chips on front end, commiserate with miles
- A few scratches on rear bumper
- Wheels are true and vibration free (they were refinished by RimPro), but the finish is peeling in spots. They will need to be re-pained to be perfect
- The center of the rear seat bottom leather has some flaking. Should be reconditioned to be perfect
- Back light bulb of temp display in the IC illuminates intermittently - bulb is probably just loose - again, all pixels are there (see pic)

The M5 is in great shape and has no issues or stories. Will be a great car for the new owner. Taking into account the "bads" of the car, I'll sell it for $16,900.

Pics.... I washed the car after taking the cover off, but it has not been detailed in ~3,000 miles - The car has not been cosmetically "prepped" for sale. No defects are hidden or polished over. WYSIWYG. The car looks dirtier inside and in the engine bay on the pics, but it's not like that in person... I'm obviously not a photographer!:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sre...5153&authkey=Gv1sRgCLqt3bbcicWW4QE&feat=email

Please email me at Rundeep32 @ Gmail with any questions. Thanks, Ed

Attachments

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Good price for a solid car, good luck with the sale!

Reactions: Point8

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Lunker, and thanks for all your help with updating the NAV firmware and splash screen. As you can see, it worked out great!

Regards, Ed

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello Ed,

I travel to Boston on occasion and am around for the weekend. Could you please PM/mail me your contact info? Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts