BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 BMW M5 Dinan S, Build date 07/00, The car is adult driven with 167,000Km, Well maintained and runs perfect. Clean car fax report.

The car has Dinan S package and upgraded headlights. Lemans Blue with blue insert interior, clean interior with no rips.

I had this car for over 3 years and was my weekend driver, now i bought a business and have no time to drive it anymore.:sad3:

Asking $22,000 OBO

For pics please search the words " double tinted my windows " and you will see my thread with pics

Marty 604 512 5467
Abbotsford BC

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Ahhh Manminder that sucks!! Its sad to see you let her go, but like i said in the email, buisness comes first. I just saw the ad on craigslist and thought that car looked too familiar. Good luck on the sale, If i had of seen it before i bought mine i would have definately picked it up!

Also if i remember correctly, I am pretty sure you have supersprint headers on your car too!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2000 M5 Dinan S

Hi Chris,

I just read your pm and yes i do feel a bit. However with my new business i will be tied up 7 days a week for a while and the car will just sit in the garage. So i will try to sell it.

Chris my car does not have ss headers. It comes with registered Dinan S package. Which includeds:

Dinan front sway bar
Dinan rear sway bar
Dinan S1 software
Dinan cat back exhaust
Dinan CAI
Upgraded headlights

The tires are Pirelli P Zero about 5k miles on them
Mafs have 10k on them
Transmission and diff fluids were changed
Engine oil TWS 10W60

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Ahhh Okay. I cant remember whos car i was looking at that had SS headers. Maybe it was Charles. Anyways good luck with the sale and hopefully it goes to an enthusiest!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Keep it, Marty! That's such a nice beast. :crying:

Hard to find one like that here in Vancouver. Those chrome-finished M wheels and Dinan S2 upgrade sure make your LM beast stand out. :M5thumbs:

But if you must, make sure you join our meets with your new F10 M5 when your business prospers....:cheers:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hi Chris,

I just read your pm and yes i do feel a bit. However with my new business i will be tied up 7 days a week for a while and the car will just sit in the garage. So i will try to sell it.

Chris my car does not have ss headers. It comes with registered Dinan S package. Which includeds:

Dinan front sway bar
Dinan rear sway bar
Dinan S1 software
Dinan cat back exhaust
Dinan CAI
Upgraded headlights

The tires are Pirelli P Zero about 5k miles on them
Mafs have 10k on them
Transmission and diff fluids were changed
Engine oil TWS 10W60
Hey Marty, Davin here.... You mention a few things listed on the car as part of the S2 package but you do fail to list a few others. Also i'm sure to help your sale it'd be good to have a photo of the Serial Number badge/plate from under the hood posted in your ad.

Here is what an S2 package for the E39 M5 from Dinan consisted of....

Performance:
Dinan S2 software
Dinan exhaust headers
Dinan throttle bodies
Dinan velocity stacks
Dinan cold air intakes
Dinan 3.45 LSD
Dinan cat-back exhaust

Suspension:
Dinan Springs and Koni Yellow Shocks
Dinan monoball kit
Dinan rear sway anti-roll bar
Dinan front strut tower brace bar
Dinan rear strut tower brace bar

I may be wrong but I believe the Front sway bar was also included but I'm just not sure, I know both the front and rear Strut tower BRACE bars were indeed included.

Aesthetics/Badging:
Dinan trunk badge
Dinan serial number plaque which starts with an S2 immediately followed by a 4 digit number located under the hood

The upgraded headlights you have are actually the Euro Hella headlights used on all the Non-North American spec cars and they have nothing to do with the Dinan S2 package.

Also, might be worth mentioning that the S2 package is approximately a $40,000 USD package which was a cost above the regular purchase price of the E39 M5.

I must say the car is a great example of an M5 and I've seen it in person, I'm actually quite confused why you would sell it even if it will just sit around, big deal, right now it sits around too considering you only drive it on weekends :D

I feel the S2 is definitely an amazing Naturally Aspirated package for the M5 and with what I'm about to say I am in no way implying that your car isn't worth your asking price and in fact I'm hoping you get the asking price but in all honesty, the values of our E39's are dropping and you mentioning you're getting rid of it due to a business venture is pretty much telling everyone you're in a big rush to sell it. So if you want high value for it, save your ads until winter is over when the market tends to be better for high horsepower cars.

Again, hoping you're not taking offence to what I've stated but I've dealt with the same scenario from past sports cars, winter is not the time to sell for a high dollar amount and quite often you never get money back on mods even if they are prestigious packages from well known tuners like Dinan.

Wait it out, you may feel differently about selling it when the days get brighter, longer and warmer. :D

·
Registered
301 Posts
Ahhh Okay. I cant remember whos car i was looking at that had SS headers. Maybe it was Charles. Anyways good luck with the sale and hopefully it goes to an enthusiest!
Charles' car has the SS headers for sure... and once you're up for it.... you can help me install the set sitting in my garage on my car, yeah? :p

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FS

Hi Davin,

I never said my car is a S2, If you read my post it says Dinan S package. and there is a Dinan serial number under the hood for it.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Oh and totally worth noting that the Dinan S2 package for the approx. $40000 USD price gave the E39 M5 a gain in horsepower from the stock 394hp to 470hp and the torque increases from 368lb-ft to 419lb-ft.... thats a 76hp gain folks! HUGE! especially for a car that is still NA and not using any form of forced induction (turbo or supercharger).

heres a good read on the S2.

Dinan S2-M5 - Specialty File - Auto Reviews - Car and Driver

Whoever buys this car is gonna be friggen smiling ear to ear.... Marty.... seriously just keep the darn thing already!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
FS

HI Davin,

I never said my car is a S2, If you READ my post, it says Dinan S package, and yes there is a Dinan serial number under the hood.

·
Registered
301 Posts
HI Davin,

I never said my car is a S2, If you READ my post, it says Dinan S package, and yes there is a Dinan serial number under the hood.
oh my bad... so you're saying your car is just the Dinan S? not even the S1? You're asking way too much for it my friend...

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
HI Davin,

oh my bad... so you're saying your car is just the Dinan S? not even the S1? You're asking way too much for it my friend...

Davin, the Dinan S package is techically the S1 package. The S2 package is signifcantly more which also has the headers, throttle bodies,etc etc.

Manminder, good luck on the sale, like i said its a shame to see it go, If i was in the market for another E39 M5 id definately be in contact with you. Its reasonably priced, considering the condition/mods.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Davin, the Dinan S package is techically the S1 package. The S2 package is signifcantly more which also has the headers, throttle bodies,etc etc.
S1 has stage 1 suspension. i've attached a PDF of one of Dinan's pamphlets showing what the various S packages included.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts