BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Handsome car Nick, I don't see any snow either. I would love to meet up and take a look at it. I've been meaning to post some pics of mine as I have now taken delivery of it. It went through compliance without too much drama. Here are a couple of it as advertised in the UK BMW M5 - Imgur
Todd (KiwiM5) talked about a meet up some time, did that happen?
Dave

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Dave, I think a mid winter meet would be sensible! So far as I know nothing happened so far in terms of getting together. My car was off the road briefly having a new clutch fitted and I'm really enjoying being back in something rwd that dosent understeer as much as my ford!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Heading towards the shortest day of the year in this part of the world.
Hey guys,

One day I will vacation in your land! Great looking 5 there, is that lowered? The thing looks perfect to me, wheel color, emblems, no tint. Good Job :cheers:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I haven't seen any other E39 M5 on the road in the last few years, probably 'cause I'm not in the big smoke too often. Well spotted Nick.

I've been noting serial numbers of New Zealand cars for the author of M5portal.com as he is compiling what cars came here. I have 18 on the list so far but haven't got yours as yet. A few have come in as second hand from South Africa, Singapore and the UK.

From registration records..... 2000 11, 2001 6, 2002 2, 2003 3. BMWNZ have no record of 1999 regos.

I've had my car for a year now and having done a few fix ups on it she's pretty near mint. I'm still keen for that meet up that has been suggested.

Dave

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Hey guys,

One day I will vacation in your land! Great looking 5 there, is that lowered? The thing looks perfect to me, wheel color, emblems, no tint. Good Job :cheers:
You'd hate it now - I've tinted the windows and its back riding on the 18x10 rota grid wheels :) It sits on BC coil overs so yes it is lowered.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ok you kiwi M5 owners I've been talking with Martin and Glenn and we are going to meet up on Sat 9th August. We hope this will also work for you Nick, Todd, Matt, Aaron and anyone else that want's to join in.
Bastion Point had been suggested so time and place will be posted closer to the time. Been looking forward to this for awhile. Dave

41 - 60 of 62 Posts