BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
M5 in Greenlane

I saw a blue m5 looking good in the sunlight last Wednesday, Manukau rd in greenlane.. Anyone??

I have a Silverstone Blue M5 & pass through that way often, but cannot recall being there at that time (Waitangi Day?). If it was the Avus Blue M5, that comes from out further west.

So, I take it that you have your Nowack prepped M5 back in NZ?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
The n500 is still on British plates - I'm taking it to VINZ this week. I did drive it round the block after I got home though :)

Yeah the car I saw was probably avus blue but I get confused by all the BMW blues.. It looked really good though, just like an m5 does! I'm kind of glad mines non descript green, hopefully it will attract less attention if I drive with feeling.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The n500 is still on British plates - I'm taking it to VINZ this week. I did drive it round the block after I got home though :)

Yeah the car I saw was probably avus blue but I get confused by all the BMW blues.. It looked really good though, just like an m5 does! I'm kind of glad mines non descript green, hopefully it will attract less attention if I drive with feeling.

Silverstone Blue is quite a discrete light blueish grey colour & I like it that way. What a Q car is all about.

Was asked if I had a Personalised Plate. No way. I don't want to make is easy for people to remember my plate as I am blasting by!!

When you car is certified, I would thrilled to go for a ride.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Was on Gt North Rd, this morning at ~11.20am & came up beside an Avus Blue M5 with the PP - Warp10! Anybody here?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I saw Warp 10 just beside victoria park at about five this afternoon, needs a wash!

I had to get LVVC for the adjustable suspension, what a pita! Worst of all it means about ten more days till its registered...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I saw Warp 10 just beside victoria park at about five this afternoon, needs a wash!

I had to get LVVC for the adjustable suspension, what a pita! Worst of all it means about ten more days till its registered...
Great to see M5's being out & about - I like my lighter colour as it hides the dirt well.

10 days before Nowack hits the roads (legally) - it is gonna be worth it, I am sure!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Kiwi M5, In the process of applying for a Special Interest Vehicle permit with NZTA to import an E39 M5, I had help from BMWNZ to verify the number of new cars sold in NZ. Their registration data showed for 2000 11, 2001 6, 2002 2, and 2003 3 cars. They had no data for 1999.
We have meet, I'm the guy that admired your car and talked to you in KeriKeri just after Christmas.
I hope this info is of interest to you.
Dave

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Dave, sounds like an interesting process.. Where will the car come from, have you found an example yet? Let me know if your still looking at anything in the UK. Nick.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
Hi Kiwi M5, In the process of applying for a Special Interest Vehicle permit with NZTA to import an E39 M5, I had help from BMWNZ to verify the number of new cars sold in NZ. Their registration data showed for 2000 11, 2001 6, 2002 2, and 2003 3 cars. They had no data for 1999.
We have meet, I'm the guy that admired your car and talked to you in KeriKeri just after Christmas.
I hope this info is of interest to you.
Dave
Giidday Dave, glad to 'meet' you again. A small world again esp. for us M5 fans. Mine was the very first M5 in NZ...we are a rare breed!!

BTW, why go through the import process given the few available of late.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nick, yeah it has been interesting, it took me about 2 months to prepare an application for the S I V permit from NZTA. My timing was good in that it was right at the beginning of a new year for permit allocation.
The car I intend importing will come from the UK. I am negotiating with a seller at present. I have paid for a PPI and just getting agreement on method of payment. If it happens I will be sure to put up photos for scrutiny. Dave

·
Registered
25 Posts
I know it was only a quick gidday when I meet you, good to hear from you again. Would be good to catch up sometime and chew the fat. You have a very special car, outstanding colour and condition and being first on the road in NZ. In 2003 I remember one of the last for sale at McMillans. It was blk/blk had $180k on it if I remember correctly.
I had been looking for a car in NZ for sometime but nothing had shown up until I had got into my application. I had spoken to an owner of a 1999 car on Trademe but he was pretty unhelpful so I pressed on with the app.
As you can see from my previous post I have a car in mind.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Got my car back today, it's great to be driving a v8 again :) time to go Ford and Holden hunting.. Mental note to self, do not again try and drive 480bhp manual car with lightened internals whilst wearing flip-flops!!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Height adjustable suspension required low volume vehicle compliance other than that and new brakes everything else was fine. It definitely needs some better brake pads though, will speak to race brakes when I get some cash.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Spent most of today making excuses to drive about the place, people are driving slower here than in the uk and I'm sure there are way more police driving around. The car is still an animal although it's harder to go mentalist with it, the top of 2nd is already way over the limit - not so much fun in the urban jungle when over 4k is where it's all happening. Even so I don't think I will be pulling the cams any time soon!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nick, get up early Sat morning and go out West and up SH16, breakfast at Welsford. You know it would do the car some good.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts