BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Food for thought.. (TT E60 M5)

10K views 63 replies 29 participants last post by  jcolley 
#1 · (Edited)
I know this topic has been discussed to death. But there's still nothing available or in the works? This platform has been out for the good part of 14+ Years. And all we have is an $15k+ supercharger & $5k headers?!! to show for it? Now everyone and there mothers complaint is. (NO ROOM!) But what about a rear mounted turbo kit? I Mean sure a top mounted single e60 m5 would kill a puppy with every rev and make grown men cry. lol But if there making the same power what do we care? Someone needs to step it up!

going to be contacting http://www.ststurbo.com to see what they say.

#53 ·
If I had 100+k to spend to make this car 1200hp then I think I would just buy another car altogether LOL!!

Reactions: Kazakh015
#56 ·
Bad things happen when one is out of touch with what proper R&D testing, development and specialized tooling costs.

Case in point:

"The cars are out of there!!!! - M5's removed from ASR
Finally step 1 was accomplished. Yesterday M5Junky (Steve) and I got our M5's out of ASR.
After 2years of NOTHING but continual excuses and empty explanations and promises the cars are back in our hands. Sadly there cars are pathetic. My once beautiful M5 will now be relegated to junk category and have to at best sell as a salvage. Another insult at the hands of ASR.
After all this time there was NOTHING whatsoever substantive done, and I mean nothing.
Our cars are just a mess and nothing done. Correction, in the last 2 weeks the intake manifold was started to be worked on and the intercooler piping was supposed to be done! WOW, 2 years?
I won't go into details b/c for what purpose but suffice it to say the explanations were downright insulting. Were we thought to be that stupid? I know we surely played to role of absolute chumps thinking and believeing in a "friend".
This project never even got off the ground, yet right at the end there was a supposed scramble to get started, please.
Betrayal is a hard pill to swallow.

This is far far far from over. Wheels are turning at different levels and action will take place.
Steve and I are not willing to walk away from multi multi mutli thousands of dollars. Plus there's more but for later surprises.
I hate this but we were pushed to this point by ASR's behavior. There's so much more to say but truly serves no purpose. We were defrauded and all know this.

Eviscerated means parts were everywhere. The car was a hollow shell. Motor, tranny, drivetrain everything spread out all over. Yet nothing has been done regarding the "project". All disassembled but NOTHING done or developed.
There's so much to say. I could write for hours. I have never been lied to so much. Everything was a story, a lame excuse. Nothing but continual bullcrap, a lie a minute.
I think I see a future in politics here. Better scamming action in politics.
Can anyone acceptor believe that the clutch has been at the machine shop for 6 months?

Anyway do not want to say much more. Abid has royally fvcked Steve and I. Not only for the multi-thousands of dollars he took and did nothing but currently fvcking us up with two trashed M5's that will cost serious money to put back together. Hence how this guy has driven me to take my car to salvage condition. I drove in with a bum cylinder and leave with a bum/trashed entire car. Does RMS come to mind for anyone. We have a new scammer.

This will not stand. Wheels are turning for action. I am not without means for action and I'm pissed.
The entire forum motorsport world and our local community are all witness to the ASR/Abid fraud and scamming actions.

Ranger"

Attachments

#60 ·
Yep old news and I was surprised Ranger stayed around as long as he did.

Reactions: Kazakh015
#63 ·
Good luck and I hope it works out but I am afraid that the transmission and clutch will take a beating as the turbos come online. Add a cramped installation into a 8800 unit total production car that has very high compression and complicated engine management? Sounds like a car that will make great horsepower occasionally, require constant attention and spend most of the time waiting on rebuilds, parts, better parts or money for parts. I would love to be wrong. This car is beautiful in NA form, much like a Ferrari is. I want more power like everyone here does and looked at superchargers. I didn't buy one after going back and forth- I really felt like the power from a blower seemed finicky at times and several people with them told me they wouldn't do it again. The turbo option is going to be even tougher.

Just speaking from experience:

1991 Galant VR4 (640 hp way back in 1999)
1991 GMC Syclone
EVO IV
R32 GT-R
2000 Suzuki turbo Hayabusa (278 whp)
2002 Audi TT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.